Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, May 4, 2009

"Home" in Orland

I drove back this morning and was pleasantly surprised that the traffic was so light when I left Sacramento about 9:30 am. Yesterday when fueling the truck I noticed that the right front tire was terribly low, so I added air. I have heard that it takes a long time to air up the larger tires, and all I can say is that it is certainly different than topping off my old Jeep's 35 psi tires. So this morning I drove to a nearby Les Schwab as soon as it opened and asked if they could check the front tires and add air if needed. The man did just that and he said they were in good condition. I wonder why that one tire lost so much air though. He also replaced a lost valve cap on the driver's side tire. Now I must soon see the Les Schwab tire center here in Orland and arrange for four new tires to be put on my 5th wheel.

I am so tired from the travel back this morning. It is amazing to me that just a year or two ago I drove 600-700 miles a day on a trip, and now it's all I can do to manage a little over 100 miles!

Back to the weekend, I traveled back to Sac to see my sister, Julie and her husband who were visiting for a couple of days. I will probably see them this winter when I'm in the southeast, but I couldn't pass up the chance for a family visit right now. My brother Steve and his family were also there from Suisun City, and here are 4 out of 8 of us. The other four are located across the US. This is Julie, Amy, me, and Steve. It was like old times being together for the Run For the Roses, and we stood for My Old Kentucky Home like our mother always insisted we do.



Amy let the two little girls get into her assortment of shoes. To think I wore heels like this when I was younger, and now my feet hurt just looking at them!


1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you are home safe and sound and had a great visit with family.

    ReplyDelete