Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, October 23, 2008


It is Thursday, and I have to wait until next Tuesday to go see my new (to me) 5th wheel and truck. It's all I can do to be patient, and after the long wait for my house to close, I'm a little short on patience these days.

I've been trying to think how I can get to SD to get the drivers license from that state, but it looks nearly impossible at this point. It is a little over 1400 miles each way, so it would be a 3000 mile round trip if I drive. I could possibly make it without running into bad weather, but it is just as likely I would face driving in snow or ice at some point. But I could take the dogs with me and wouldn't have to pay for a kennel, so driving would be the most cost effective. It is hard to get a realistic price for a flight unless you have exact dates and airports, and I don't know a thing about airports in SD except that I flew to Rapid City many years ago for a wedding. Maybe I can get by with waiting until next summer, and I may have to do that.

I'm anxious to get the rig and be on the road, finally. All in good time, I suppose.

1 comment:

  1. http://www.state.sd.us/dps/dl/

    Marty, here's the url for the state's driver licensing office

    Good luck!