Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Another week comes to an end

I was awake for about 2 hrs in the middle of the night, and then didn't wake up this morning until 8:30. I really dislike daylight savings time being extended as it has this year. In fact, I wish they would just leave the clocks alone. I wonder how much productivity is lost every year in spring and fall.

Habitat for Humanity is to be here between 9 and 10 am, so I took the dogs outside and let them go up the hill by themselves. I pretended I was following because they usually won't go without me. Funny though, when we're up on the trail they wouldn't think anything of running off if I don't watch them like a hawk! I started to move things out into the driveway that I want picked up: lawn mower, weed eater, snow shovel, rakes, hoe, and my fireplace set. Habitat has a thrift store, and they fix and shine everything up and then sell it in the store, using the proceeds for their buiding projects. They and Kiwanis & Goodwill have benefited from my move.

The Habitat folks just came, 2 young men, and loaded the stuff in the truck. They told me a bit about the work they do while they were loading. I have always admired the program and am glad I could contribute in some small way. Their gain is a loss for the buyer of my house - if he hadn't dragged his heels for the past two months and gotten us to closing a bit sooner I would have left him a very nice Toro self propelled mower and Bolens weed eater plus a lot of other tools. I signed the acceptance of his offer the first week in August and here it is, getting towards the first week in November before we will likely close. It hasn't been the problem of loan approval in his case, and both real estate agents think it's his way of being in control. Well I believe in karma, and it is going to someday kick him in the behind!

I will spend some time today moving the big rocking chair and some more boxes. I decided to keep my microwave in storage as well. I don't use it often and I bought one that suited me exactly - small, dials you turn rather than pushbuttons, and very little options. As I say, I don't use one very often and don't need a big one that can cook a complete dinner. I would probably rather have it in the RV than the one that is likely to be there, but if I get one that is built in I'll be stuck with it.

Looks like rain again, but that's ok.

1 comment:

  1. Hate to maybe burst a bubble but Goodwill helps NOBODY except the owners. Most think it is a charity; yep, it is...for the couple owners with stores everywhere.

    ReplyDelete