Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, October 17, 2008

On the way

My closing was today at 3 pm and I was on the road an hour later. It rained most of the way and was extremely heavy off and on, so I couldn't use the cruise control. I forgot how difficult it can be to maintain a speed without it. The speed limit was 70, but in places I had to slow down to 55 because I could feel the vehicle planing when I went faster. I don't know how people can drive 75 and 80 in the fog and heavy rain, but I'm not gonna do it! I arrived at the motel in Wytheville, VA a little after 7 pm which was about 15 minutes after darkness fell, and I don't like to drive in the dark. I will try to leave very early in the morning and make it to NY, although if it is raining I'm sure I'll have to stop somewhere.

The sale of my house went perfectly in the end, and I even came out about $1k ahead of what I thought I would net. And I still have some $ coming from the escrow account. I'll use the extra to get Pressure Pro for the rig which will ease my mind. I hear of so many folks getting blow-outs, and I certainly don't want that to happen to me if I can prevent it. The closer I get to realizing my dream the more scared and nervous I get.

It is too aggravating to try to type this on the laptop. I didn't bring in the keyboard so I'm stuck with this terrible laptop keyboard! With a little luck I'll do the next post on my son's desktop.

No comments:

Post a Comment