Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, October 18, 2008

New York

I woke up at about 4 am this morning and couldn't go back to sleep, so at 4:40 I got up and got ready to drive. I drove about 600 miles today and arrived at my son's house much earlier than I thought I would. I didn't go over the speed limit, but in PA between the "safety corridors" and "work areas" it isn't easy to maintain any speed. I have been following Bob & Judy's blog, and they have just left PA after a visit home, and commented on the beautiful trees with their fall colors. You only see those reds in the east, and driving through PA today I marveled at the variety of yellows and reds. In NC ours were just beginning to turn. I'm making a promise to myself right now to stop and find the beauty of every place I'm in, and appreciate it while I'm there. I sure do find myself missing Dixie though!

One of the things that stood out today were the number of RV's going south - mainly Class A's and 5vers. Do they know something that I seem to be missing? Now I'm stressing over how I am going to make it until early December and then drive the 5ver south to warmer weather. Gosh, I haven't even bought the rig yet, so first things first.

No comments:

Post a Comment