Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Vets and Doctors!

I got Rocky's meds into him - there are four of them he takes, with 3 only once a day and a tablet twice a day.  I put the tablet into a spoonful of peanut butter and he's happy as a clam!

We went from the vet yesterday to my med clinic where I had blood drawn for my oncologist.  I missed my last appointment with her and couldn't get another one until January, so I decided to at least get the blood tests done.  She wrote me and said everything looks great except for one test the results will take another week to process, as well as my B-12 levels being low.  She wants me to start taking B-12 tablets which is fine with me, and maybe it will give me more energy to deal with Rocky.

My energy has been flagging a bit lately but I just chalked it up to being too old to raise a dynamo puppy! 

I have a craving for ice cream, and have 1/2 gallon in my freezer.  A certain little friend of mine can hear the silent freezer door opening which will even wake him up from a sound sleep.  I often wonder if he hears it or reads my mind and knows I'm trying to sneak ice cream  past him.

Well, we are on the downside of another week.  My life is going by too fast to suit me.

The weather has been beautiful the past few days, and much cooler.   The forecast for the next few months is so vague and difficult to know what it's going to be over the winter.  I remember a lot of rain last year, but that may have been after New Year's.  I doubt we'll be lucky enough to get good rains two years in a row.

7 comments:

  1. Good idea to put the tablet in a spoonful of peanut butter. When I still had the stray dogs I would hide their medicine inside a hot dog where I had previously carved out a hollow space. Wish it was as easy to give medicine to cats.

    I think it is so funny that Rocky can hear you opening your refrigerator and knows you are getting ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are several sounds that bring him running, such as the noise of a potator chip or pretzel bag being opened. Pulling out the silverware drawer is another, and he's right there to check it out.

      Delete
  2. These little buggers are just to smart. I have a 3 door pantry and he knows when open the door where his treats are. They all sound the same to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their hearing is incredible, isn't it. I know they can read minds because that's how they communicate with each other, but even if I try to make my mind a blank he seems to understand.

      Delete
  3. Ain't dogs just wonderful. We are down to only two, now. Yep, they are really intelligent and it does seem that they can read our minds but I would guess that it is our body language that gives us away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll stick with the mind reading concept because Rocky knows what I'm up to when he is a room or two away, I bet your two can read you like a book!

      Delete
  4. When Halley needs meds, it is a real challenge to trick her into taking them:))

    ReplyDelete