Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, October 11, 2018

What does the future hold?

I wish I knew what to do.  My 3 kids here in Sacramento met with me last night at our favorite local craft brewery.  The dog behaved fairly well, and the kids love the playroom there.  

My kids want me to move and have a place in mind, which is owned by Jeannie's next door neighbor.  She owns several apartments and duplexes in the area - in fact, my niece Tammy rents a duplex from her, and the one in question for me is in the same area.  It has more rooms than I need but the back yard is grassy and HUGE!  There is room to even grow a small garden, plus lots of room for Rocky to play.  The neighborhood is close to Jeannie & Donald, and is very walkable.  I was against it because of the rental cost until Steve showed me the back yard on his phone, and then I was sold.  

The people who live there have 6 months on their lease, but may or may not leave before the lease is up.  That would give me time to fix what needs to be fixed to sell my house.

Six months is a long time although it will probably whiz by, as does my life in general these days.  In 6 months I hope to have  Rocky trained a little better and he will be close to a year old - still a puppy for a lab, but maybe a little better behaved.

Speaking of Rocky, he is certainly a handful, and a typical labrador retriever - energetic beyond belief, extremely intelligent, funny and beautiful to look at, and lots more.  When he sees me having difficulty he spots it right away and is visibly concerned, and it's a special feeling that I couldn't have imagined.  On the other hand, I don't know how he does it, but whatever room he is in, asleep or awake, he can hear the freezer door open and he is there in the blink of an eye.  I have never had ice cream last this long!

I just heard something rustling in the background, and looked up to see ol' Rocky working on a roll of paper towels with the same enthusiasm he  attacks a roll of toilet paper.  I am absolutely stumped at how to correct this behavior - but I suppose I should correct myself first.  I had been doing some cleaning and must have left the paper towels within his reach.

8 comments:

  1. Love your stories of Rocky. What a character. I think the new place is one you will never be sorry you move to. Hope you'll do it and that they leave early and your place is easy to sell. Do I recall right that someone gave it to you or is that just my wishful thinking?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right - the woman who lived here gave it to me, because another woman was giving her a newer home in better condition. Mine was really a wreck and I have done a lot with it, but as the old saying goes, "You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear". I will try to sell it to make up for some of the things that have been added, new windows throughout, for example. There are always quite a few homes for sale around here, mostly through real estate agents and a few by owner. I need to spruce up a few things and would sell it "as is". I'll let one of my sons handle it because I no longer want to deal with that kind of thing.

      Delete
  2. Rocky sounds like a really fun dog. Our's is old and mostly sleeps and begs for treats:) Moving is always a trying time, I should know, I have moved over 21 times. In the end it should be your choice as you are the one who will have to be happy with the choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rocky keeps me laughing even when I'm not fond of what he's done - the look on his face sometimes is so comical. As for moving, I am really between a rock and a hard place. I don't want to live where I'm currently living, but in these uncertain times don't want to increase my month base rent over $400 plus extra for utilities, which are now included with my mobile home park rental. And I don't think I trust the times we are living in now to make anything better financially.

      Delete
  3. I have to agree with Chuck and Anneke, the choice is yours It sounds like you may be interested. I have been wanting to get out of mine for a long time but rent is not in my budget even though I have seen some cheap places. But do I want to have a landlord. Oh heck I don't know what I want. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am definitely interested in the plus features I would have, but the extra costs could ruin me if prices start to rise dramatically for things like food. I think it's a given that food is going up, but so far I have been able to eat well and pay the costs of it. Thinking about it all can keep me awake at night!

      Delete
  4. You are the only one who can make that decision because you are the one that has to live with it. On the plus side a yard would be great for Rocky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should wait until I see it, but from the description it is much more space than I need, and more money than I want to spend in these uncertain times. But I want to see it at any rate.

      Delete