Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, October 13, 2018

Trip to Urgent Care

I've had a large inflamation on my big toe for the past few days - it only hurt for one day but the redness and slight swelling is constant.  I have no idea what could have caused it - it started out as a tiny little spot that itched, and then became much more problematic.  Last night Jeannie drove me to an Urgent Care center near their house - I've been there several times and was always happy with it.  The doctor prescribed me a round of medicine - I think it's an antibiotic and told me to stay off my feet as much as possible while keeping the sore foot elevated.  He didn't blink when I told him I had a puppy to take care of, go for walks, etc.  He just went on talking.  I have to walk Rocky but I'll try shorter walks at a time, which I had already started doing.  I am so sick and tired of doctors and medical issues I could   scream.

I was full of plans for walking Rocky and had several ideas for training him in areas he definitely needs training.   The woman who does the training classes is nice and means well.  She often mentions her dog and uses him as an example, but it's a small dog.   I don't think she has a clue in the world of what a lab is like to live with.   He's absolutely adorable, but he's also absolutely maddening when it comes to something he has a different idea about.

My neighbor on one side has had a visitor for several days - probably a daughter or d-i-l.  This morning there is a "For Sale" sign in front of the house, so whoever is there has probably been getting the house ready to sell.  Ed is in his early 70's I think, but has had a lot of health problems over the years I've lived here, and he is brought home from a bike ride, or taken away in an ambulance, more times than I can count.  Last time a huge fire engine pulled up in front of his place and he walked from it to the house.  A fireman pushed his bike for him.  He's always been pretty active for the shape he's in, but I've often wondered about the wisdom of riding a bike at his age and condition - he'd be better off walking.  He has always been a good neighbor and is very friendly to all my family when they come by.  He thinks my two sons who trim the bushes, work on the roof, etc., are the greatest.  When Joe trims the bushes in my yard he will usually go do Ed's as well.  It looks like a for sale by owner situation, and I hope it doesn't stay on the market long and end up being snatched by a real estate agent.  If and when I sell mine I told Steve I'd let him handle everything and take a commission!  When I see the grim details in the news about the economy, I think I should stay put right where I am, continue with the plans for fixing up the back yard for Rocky, and forget paying an extra $600+ a month for additional rent and utilities.   

My dear puppy is barking at me and I haven't figured out yet what he wants, so I'd better go try!  

Have a good weekend.

11 comments:

  1. When you dog barks at you, it means one of three things. He either has to go out, wants to eat, or wants your attention (like in "please play with me").

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are totally right! It's always one of those. He knows I'm trying to stay off my feet today and he is behaving like a lamb. I know it won't last until bedtime, but while it does, life is good!

      Delete
  2. Hope you feel better soon. It’s not easy to stay off ones feet. That’s what I am supposed to do but at Harvest time? Canning and preserving? With a husband that loves his big garden???
    Ain’t gonna happen 😫🤪

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have tried to sit on the couch and elevate my leg and foot, but something always needs doing, so I'm up and down like a yo-yo!

      Delete
  3. Hope your toe heals up quickly. Our dog is old and when she barks it is almost always for more food:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I heal quickly, but as of tonight I don't notice much difference. I think I'm to take the antibiotic for 10 days, so I won't panic yet.

      Rocky would eat as long as I put food in the dish. Labs have a legendary appetite, but I'm trying to hold him in check.

      Delete
  4. It's always something isn't it. I hope your toe heals quickly.
    I feel the same way you do about selling and moving. Rents are so high and then utilities and here sometimes even water is added to the rent or you pay for it monthly. That is way beyond the way I want to live or can afford to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As much as I want to get into a decent place to live with a bit more usable yard, I think the one my kids are pushing me to is way too big for my needs, and it would keep me broke, with nothing left for an emergency or a treat now and then.

      Delete
  5. Soak that toe - Epson Salts in warm water. That should help much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I saw epsom salts when I opened one of my cabinet doors this evening. I don't even remember why I bought it but it hasn't even been opened yet!

      Delete
  6. Hope the antibiotics work their magic and your toe heals up soon.

    I had wanted to ask you about Ed for a long time glad you posted about him. It is very nice of your son Joe to also trim his bushes when he does yours.

    Funny this afternoon I saw the Epsom salts I purchased a while back and could not think of why I bought them either, me and my CRS :D

    ReplyDelete