Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, October 26, 2018

All is Well!

I'm sorry I disappeared for several days.  My computer completely stopped working.  I bought an iPad thinking I could use it to communicate, but  could never figure the damn thing out!   I'm disgusted with it as I just wanted something simple, but spent 4-5 hrs after I brought it home, and still hadn't set it up properly.  To make it worse, there is an obnoxious voice called "Siri" that wanted me to talk to it, and I absolutely will not!

Donald got my computer working and brought it back to me today, and I have tons of emails stacked up to read.  I wanted to let everyone know I'm ok and sorry if any of you were worried.  I had absolutely no way to communicate for much of that time, as I left my cell phone in Jeannie's car:  so no TV; no phone; no computer; nada!

Rocky is growing every day and is so sweet most of the time, so I can deal with a bit of devilishness once in a while.  I spend a lot of time laughing at his antics.

I gotta start reading through about 100 emails, so see ya later, and have a good weekend.

17 comments:

  1. I definitely was beginning to worry . . .

    Virtual hugs,

    Judie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your concern. I'm alive and well!

      Delete
  2. Yes! Thanks for letting us know you are all right! And so is Rocky. My mind was leading me down many roads as to what could be wrong. Thank goodness none were true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell Donald thank-you for us. I enjoy reading about your day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will tell Donald. He is a genius, as well as the perfect son-in-law!

      Delete
  4. Glad you are back. Can't stand those I-Pads. Hope you got your money back.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen people using iPads but maybe they were older versions. This one is unfathomable, at least to me. I don't want to waste my time learning all that stuff I won't ever use and just complicates things for me, but I know sooner or later I'll need a new computer. Then I'll cry!

      Delete
  5. Very glad you are OK. Too bad you don’t like your iPad. I use mine most of the time. Maybe one of your kids or grandkids could help you getting used to it. I find it most convenient rather than lugging my laptop around. One thing though is I find if I want to leave a comment on any Blog I need to use Chrome as my browserand not Safari. I hear that happens to lots of people. Try, try again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a dedicated Firefox user, so Chrome and Safari would have a big learning curve that I hate to be bothered with.

      Delete
  6. Glad you are back and are OK. Got a little worried about you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm back, but if something goes wrong with my computer, which it probably will, I hope no one gets worried if I miss a few days.

      Delete
  7. I like my iPad but don't use it for the same thing I use my computer for AND I've never activated Siri - How annoying would that be!!!

    Hugs to Rocky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rocky says, "Hugs back". I don't like the iPad at all.

      Delete
  8. Wow, 100 emails! You definitely have a lot of friends. I don't think I'd like a talking computer or pad or pod either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, they weren't all from friends. I get a lot of newsletters and the like that fill up my mailbox.

      Delete
  9. I have a Mac Pro laptop that took some getting use to, but now I use it a great deal. I have ignored Siri, so she does not try to talk to me anymore:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I knew there had to be a reasonable explanation for your absence from the blogosphere and glad I was right.

    I know how bad it was when I was having computer problems and to add to the misery a slow internet connection. Even though it took me a while and I am still learning Windows 10...I am glad I bought a new computer (now three years old).

    ReplyDelete