Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, October 5, 2018

My house!

I can only imagine what this place looked like when it was set up in the early 1960's.  Remember the clothes back then, and the psychedelic colors?  Well, I've figured out that this 1963 mobile home was lime green!  I know this from the walls in the laundry area, which is a converted back porch with awful green walls.

I've since discovered that they painted everything in sight with the terrible green color:  the driveway (the green paint is now showing through the black paving); a small concrete patio between the shed and the side of the house, just crammed in there with nothing to look at , and the green paint has mostly worn off but is still visible.  Can you picture a lime green house with driveway, patio, etc. to match?

I never did like the 60's to begin with.  It was an era of turmoil and civil unrest, and I hated rock & roll.  I love just about every kind of music including jazz, rhythm & blues, classical, and hillbilly, but never rock & roll.  Yes, this house would have fit the 60's very well.  I think I recall sewing myself a pant suit of green polyester - I did a darn good job on the sewing and it wasn't quite lime green, but I shudder to think of some of the clothes back then.

I forgot to mention that the outside of the house has long since been painted in a light gray.  Every part of the inside, including ceiling and walls, every room, every closet, etc., was paneled in a cheap wood paneling.  Talk about depressing.  I painted each room a different color with white on all the ceilings.  I probably went a little overboard, but ugly cheap wood paneling was really overboard!

I ordered a big bag of Wellness food for large breed puppies and it is supposed to be delivered today.  I am anxious to see if he likes it and what, if any, changes I notice.  I'd hoped to mix a bit with his dinner but just looked at the delivery schedule which promises that I will get it by 9PM this evening.  He's usually fast asleep by 8 or so, and we'll have to try it out at breakfast.  He is doing so well with the extra feeding at Noon - I had been giving him two meals a day plus a lot of kibble in the way of treats.  Now he gets 3 meals plus the treats, and all I have to do is mention the word "treat" and he knows exactly what is coming!

Enjoy your weekend!  

3 comments:

  1. That awful green carried into the 70's. My dad had bought a brand new house in about 77 - 78 and she picked out that horrible color for counter tops and carpeting. When he was selling the house years later it still had that horrible color and I had finally talked him into changing it out. But the buyers said not to as they wanted hardwoods so he just deducted a bit off the sale price to help them out. But at your place they even painted the driveway? Good grief LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I recall living somewhere that had the green countertops. It was overwhelming, wasn't it?

      It reminds me of my mom in the old days. When she opened a can of paint she didn't stop until it was all gone. Sometimes it meant that she painted a small area just to use up the paint and it often looked awful. "But it's clean", she would say. I guess when you raise 8 kids, new paint covers a lot of bad wall and she ended up with a clean, if eye-challenging, color!

      Delete
  2. It was lime green or mustard yellow...mother still has that in her bathroom and kitchen...worst still is she does not see any need to change it :(

    ReplyDelete