Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Too Hot to Think!

At 8pm my temp. gauge is still showing over 100 degrees.  Tomorrow should be around 100 and then it looks like we'll "cool off" to the mid 90's for a few days.  I haven't had the will or energy to do anything today.  I did go to the grocery for 1/2 and 1/2, spent $38 and still can't figure out how I could have spent that much and come home with practically nothing.

I hope all of you in areas where you can see the Northern Lights tonight will have clear weather.  The only problem is that I think they are best viewed in the northeastern U.S. at about 4am.   I believe they are predicting visibility down to the n.e. Pennsylvania area.  I wish I could see them but now I don't have to set my alarm to wake up in the early hours.  However, with all the water I drink during the day I'm up every hour or so throughout the night.  I think I sleepwalk to and from the bathroom because I don't seem to miss any sleep.

So there is really nothing for me to write about today.  I hope you are all ready for the week ahead - I have a lot of things I should be doing, appointments to make, etc., but finding the energy and motivation isn't easy.

9 comments:

  1. I have seen the northern lights from above of the Artic circle several times, so 4 AM is a non-starter for me:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. These days it doesn't take much to spend that kind of money, it's sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably the most expensive thing I bought was a birthday card for my son-in-law, Donald. Bel Air has beautiful cards but they are expensive. He's definitely worth it though1

      Delete
  3. It's a good time to stay inside for sure. Find a good book and sip a lemonade. Hope your swamp cooler is up to the task.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is already really warm at 11 am. We usually can last without the swamp cooler until Noon or 1pm. This weather is killing me and there is no end in sight!

      Delete
  4. When I went outside at 0730 the truck temp was showing 87 already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to want to do anything when it's so hot. If I go anywhere at all, it's in the morning hours.

      Delete
  5. I sure wish I'd seen your blog yesterday. I didn't turn on my computer all day in an attempt to spend less time on it. But I didn't know about the Northern Lights and here in Maine we might have been able to see them. Although maybe not because the fog rolled in so thick the buoy bells were tolling all night long. Guess I should google and see if it was a one night only affair. 4am is fine for me. It's 11pm I have a hard time doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would make sense that they would appear at least a few nights, maybe peaking on one particular night. But as I said, I've never seen them so I haven't a clue. Keep your eyes on the skies!

      Delete