Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Banjo!

Since I wrote about this delightful cat yesterday, I thought I would post a photo that Ara took (surreptitiously, she thought).  The old saying that you "can't teach an old dog (or an old grandma) new tricks, is totally false.  I would never get a cat myself, just as I don't think I will ever get another dog, but I can change my mind about this cat, at least.


(Click to enlarge the photo).  

A few days ago the weather forecast was for temps in the 90's throughout the week, but they have raised that to triple digits.  No fair!

I have several errands to run and things to buy, but not in the heat of the day.  This morning I went to the gym but felt too exhausted to go anywhere else.  I don't know why the extreme fatigue - whether it is related to my cheating a bit on my diet, or just the way it's always going to be from now on.  I need to get to the Costco out in Folsom and buy more gluten-free bread, as I might be able to deduce whether or not gluten is one of the main problems.   It will be a little while before I finish the ice cream, and I vow never to buy that large a quantity again.  Maybe a pint or half pint if I'm really craving it, but a gallon is just leading to disaster.  But it is oh, so good!

6 comments:

  1. I am not a major cat fan but I have met several in my life that were pretty nice to play with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never liked cats in my entire life, but I'm really fond of this one and he seems to feel the same way about me. I love it when I find myself changing life-long attitudes and biases.

      Delete
  2. I wonder why I didn't see your yesterday's post until now. I never cared much for cats myself and maybe because of the allergic reaction I get from them. I'm sure happy he didn't run off and returned home again the kids may have been upset to come home and find he had gone off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad nothing happened to the cat either. I was terrified at the reaction from my g'daughter Arianna if anything happened to him. Also, I just plain think he's cute.

      Delete
  3. So sorry to hear about triple digits again. Is summer always like this in Sac? I sure wish you could find the source of that fatigue. I think you are too young for that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Summer is always like this in Sac! It's just the way it is, but then winters are usually not severe. I'm 99 percent certain the fatigue is from a thyroid disorder. From what I've read (and heard from the endocrinologist) there isn't any help for it. Some things may work for a few people, but the majority of those suffering from hypothyroidism still have fatigue even if they are on meds.

      Delete