Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, July 4, 2017

He once was lost . . .

. . . but now he's found!  I went over yesterday morning to feed Banjo the cat but he was nowhere to be seen (he is an outdoor cat).   I filled his food and water dishes and waited for a few minutes, then left.  When Ara got off after work she went to the house where she is staying until Jeannie & family come back from their beach vacation.  Ara didn't see any signs of him either.   She looked everywhere, and this morning found him on top of her car.  I went over for coffee and a chat, and Banjo was glad to stick around and be with us.  He even climbed up into my lap and nestled himself in the crook of my arm as if he were a baby!

Ara and I had a good laugh over it as I don't think he realizes that I don't even like cats.  I am making an exception for him now and am beginning to even like him.

I once talked to a friend about it because even though I have never liked cats or even given them a second glance, a cat will always end up on my lap when I visit their owners.  My friend said she thought it was actually because I don't like them and don't fawn all over them, that they accept me so well as being as independent as they are.  I don't know the answer but it is sort of humorous to me.

I had so many things I wanted to do today but never got around to any of them.  Maybe tomorrow, which feels like it should be Monday although nearly half the week will be over tomorrow!

 

7 comments:

  1. Cats do know when someone doesn't like them. Most cats appreciate being left alone until they initiate the contact. That goes for the average dog too. Cats are just easier to spook because they are only semi-domesticated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it's so much that I dislike them, I just don't appreciate them. But they seem to be interested to find out about me when I just ignore them for a while, and they must realize I'm a big softie when they end up jumping into my lap!

      Delete
  2. I agree with your friends observation of why cats accept you. I am more of a cat person because I am so much like them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's an interesting point of view. I absolutely love dogs (big dogs for the most part), and I love the wild birds. Cats have just never interested me, but my granddaughter's cat has nearly won my heart!

      Delete
  3. Love your friend's idea of why cats seem to like you. Makes perfect sense to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had cats my whole life, usually 2-4 at a time. Cat personalities are all different, just like in people. Some cats, the more you ignore them, the more they like you. They are very independent which is why I like them. However, we have had cats that are outgoing and love everyone. Our Sunnie cat is like that. We call him our "love sponge."

    ReplyDelete