Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, July 6, 2017

Too hot for much activity

I did go out early this morning to get some long term supplies in, and I still haven't figured out where to put them all.  I also returned an overdue book to the library.  I hate it when I let that happen!

I wish we'd get back down to some reasonable weather - but we'll have at least 3 more triple-digit days and those are barely tolerable.  But it does get down to the low 60's at night which makes sleeping so pleasant.  I would love to find a nice shady spot to sit in outdoors, but with all the dirt and dust that blow straight my way, and the lack of anything nice to look at, keeps me indoors most of the time. 

There just isn't much to write about today.  It's hot so I am sitting quietly indoors and waiting for the evening cool to arrive when I can open the windows and breathe fresh air.

I hope everyone is staying comfortable wherever you are.

 

6 comments:

  1. I am looking out at the lake & it is just getting dark. Fairly hot today but no where near triple digits thank goodness. Hope you get cooler temps soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I look at a 15 day forecast it's just up and down between triple digits and the 90's. I guess I can look forward to that throughout the summer.

      Delete
  2. It is hot and humid here in Florida. I go out early and spend the rest of the day in the house. It doesn't cool off here at night. Stays in the 80s.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I lived in the east people from CA would say "Oh, but it's a dry heat", and I always thought that heat is heat. Now that I live here I realize it's way more comfortable without high humidity.

      Delete
  3. I'd like to find an exhibit where I could try out triple digits with and without humidity one after the other to see how different they feel. But since I can't, I think I'll skip triple digits all together thanks. SO thankful to be in Maine with 70s and 50s as my highs and lows. Wish you were here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's sort of the same difference as being in a steam room at the gym, vs a sauna. Both are hot!

      Delete