Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, July 8, 2017

Birthday Party!

Since they were going to be camping over the time just before Arianna's birthday, Jeannie decided to celebrate it today.  Lots of kids came and have been in the pool most of the day, and most of them are staying overnight for a slumber party.

Donald made pizza and the best birthday cake I have ever eaten, as well as best frosting!

I didn't get in the water - I never do - and just tried to stay cool but it was so hot it almost made me sick.  They had awnings over the patio furniture but the best for cooling off are the misters that are on the eaves of the roof.  I came in and sat in a/c a number of times throughout the day as I wasn't feeling so well in the heat.  My sister and her husband were here, and when they were walking to their car she felt really ill.  I'm glad I just came in and out of the house during the afternoon.  My house is certainly still hot from being closed up today. 

Here is one of the long dresses that I hemmed which I wore today.  It was really too hot for it and I would have been more comfortable in a pair of shorts!  Click the picture to enlarge it.

 

11 comments:

  1. Nice dress, looks well on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jo. Like I said in a recent post, I don't feel comfortable in dresses anymore, and long dresses make me feel like I'm playing "dress-ups"!

      Delete
  2. The dress looks nice on you. Great colors!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathy. I do love the colors - they are mostly bold and I like that.

      Delete
  3. Boy at those temperatures I would have gotten in that pool and just sat around to keep cool. Really love your dress. It looks lightweight and like it would be cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't get into water since I nearly died in a canoe accident about 39 years ago. I don't even take baths, only showers. So the pool is totally out for me. The dress is nice but I find long dresses keep your legs covered and no air circulation can translate to "hot".

      Delete
  4. I have been thinking about you this weekend upon hearing about the record setting temperatures in California. I am glad you decided to retreat into the A/C.

    You look very nice in your new dress. Keep hydrated and stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment. I have stayed indoors all day today because even if it isn't quite as bad as yesterday, the temp is up to 100 degrees,

      Delete
  5. The dress becomes you. You're lookin' good! I prefer capris most of the time, but it is nice to have a dress or two waiting in the wings for special occasions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Janet. Yes, there are times when I need something just a little dressier than my usual shorts, capris, jeans, or sweats.

      Delete
  6. What a pretty dress and you wear it very well. Stay as cool as you can and watch out for those wildfires....

    ReplyDelete