Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, July 13, 2017

I full day's work by noon!

I woke up an hour earlier this morning and decided I'd better do laundry.  I took two separate loads across the street to hang on the line, but when coming back with the dried and folded laundry I carried both baskets stacked one on top of the other.  The dry laundry weighs less than when it's wet, but not that much less!  I was really tired by the time I got everything put away; now I won't have to do it again for 2 or 3 weeks.  Those 2 or 3 weeks are flying by at warp speed because it seems like I'm always 
doing laundry.  

I made a trip to the grocery for a few items, and found the little individual tubs of 1/2 & 1/2 which I will probably take on the next camping trip.  There are 24 tubs in the box, and I would use at least 2, maybe 3 in one mug of coffee.  I couldn't find anything powdered except for Coffeemate which isn't milk or cream at all, so I will look in a different dept. next time.  I don't spend much time in the middle aisles of the store so I often don't find what I'm looking for because I don't know where they keep the item! 

Once I got back I could barely wait to hit the couch for a nap with the swamp cooler blowing air on me!  I needed that nap because I'm going to the gym when Jeannie gets off work.

I hope you are all staying comfortable no matter what your weather.   See ya tomorrow!


11 comments:

  1. The beginning of your post scared me...I had visions of seeing your clean laundry dumped in the dirt! Glad that did not happen 👍😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would sit down and cry if that happened!

      Delete
  2. I like those little 1/2 n 1/2 creamers for camping if I don't have them I use the powder coffee stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was glad to find them as I had never seen them in the supermarket.

      Delete
  3. We are in NV now and the temps are hitting the middle 90's:( I was just geting use to the low temps in WA and OR:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CA is hot also - going up to triple digits again by the weekend. Stay cool.

      Delete
  4. I seem to be doing laundry all the time too though not as often as cleaning the house. How DO things get so dirty all the time? Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Personally, I've been noticing that the older I get, the faster life seems to speed by. So in my case I don't think clothes are getting dirty any faster than before; I guess the net effect is the same though.

      Delete
  5. I don't use cream in my coffee. I just put extra coffee in my coffee. Yep, I like it black and four or five times the recommended strength. It definitely holds me over most of the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know quite a few people who like their coffee the same as you prefer it. I have always liked the mellow taste of coffee with cream - my Dad introduced me to it that way years ago when I was a kid and he let me try it, and I've been drinking it that way ever since.

      Delete
  6. I like just plain whole milk in my coffee, but when that isn't available, I use a powdered whole milk that I get in the grocery store. It is called NIDO. It isn't exactly the same as cream or half and half, but it is very nice when all else fails. It also makes passable hot chocolate.

    Virtual hugs,

    Judie

    ReplyDelete