Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, May 1, 2015

Another Friday

I got a leisurely start this morning, and only planned to go to pick up some good snacks for a short backpack trip I have planned.  Before I left I looked in the mirror.  I was wearing a pair of bright coral colored capris and a pretty green v-necked top.  When I saw my reflection I had to laugh - I looked like a watermelon!

I have most of the puzzle finished but have left about 50 pieces for Joshua to finish up.  This is a huge puzzle with a complicated pattern, and for a kid who is nearly 9 yrs old he has a great way of looking at it and seeing the matches.  I may have to hold out two pieces so Joshua and Justin can put in the "last piece" together.  I don't remember as a kid fighting over who gets to do what, but as the only girl with younger brothers I'm sure I always let them do the fun stuff.

It was cooler than I thought this morning, with a beautiful sky full of dark rain clouds, although it never did rain.  The clouds were unusual looking and I thought of taking a photo but didn't relish the idea of standing in the grocery parking lot snapping a camera at the sky.

The plumbing problems of yesterday were huge and what is required to fix them will be huge as well.  I am leaving the garage door open for a few hours today to try to dry things out, but what is in the ceiling and insulation will need to be replaced.

I doubt if I will post this weekend - tomorrow will be soccer games, and there are always things planned for the weekends.  Have a good one.


4 comments:

  1. Enjoy your weekends. BTW, I can think of worse things to look like than a watermelon, for instance, you could look like me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you comment on how you thought you looked. Have a wonderful weekend with the family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's terrible about the water damage - usually when a toilet runs, it just keeps dribbling water into the bowl, and it will flush when it gets too full. At least that's what I remember. I guess that toilet didn't automatically flush. Bummer!

    That sounds like a good outfit to wear on a hike so you can be easily seen. I can just picture you in those colors! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to your backpacking trip. Wish I were a good puzzler. I have tried to develop the skill but I just don't "see it". I have to turn the pieces around every which way to see if they fit and get frustrated. I really tried to get Carrie interested in puzzles so she wouldn't have the same spacial difficulties I have but she resisted emphatically.

    ReplyDelete