Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, May 14, 2015

A clean car!

I took my Highlander through a car wash this morning and it looks nice and shiny.  It's now parked in the driveway where the trees can spread pollen all over it again.  At least I got rid of the dirt from the trip, and will try to wash it again before I leave in June.

Since Walmart was nearby and I wanted a pair of knee high stockings to wear with my sandals and long dresses, I thought I'd dash in, find them, and dash back out.  You don't dash anywhere once you get into the clutches of Walmart!  I have never seen so many long lines move so slowly.  On the way into the store I passed some cheap folding outdoor chairs, and bought one since I forgot to include a chair when I left Sacramento.  I haven't missed it yet, but if I stop at any campsites on the way back I will appreciate having a chair that's softer than a picnic table bench!

No pictures of the foxes today - my camera hasn't been working properly so I didn't take any photos this morning.  I have another camera that I use alternately, but both of them aren't really satisfactory.  
One thing I was wrong about though, is that the shed isn't set on a concrete foundation.  It looks that way from the kitchen window, but it is actually on a bed of hard packed gravel, with a plywood floor.  It looks to me like the foxes are actually living in the shed, and they will be surprised this weekend when Sandy switches the hard top for the Jeep for the soft top, and stores the hard top in the shed!  I think they should yell "Company coming!" before entering.  Mama Fox could get quite vicious if she feels cornered.

 

9 comments:

  1. We just got back from Wal-Mart. What did we ever do with out Wal-Marts? Oh yeh, we went to the mom and pop stores. When are you leaving on your trip?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Walmart has a way of dragging you around quite nicely. Yes they should make some noise before entering the shed. I have been wanting to get my truck washed for a while but the wind just loads it back up with dust and sand so why bother and they are calling for rain tomorrow and Sat.
    Waiting for the end of the week surprise you said you might have for us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike should give them a few warning shots before he heads out to the shed...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Somehow going to Walmart always makes me feel grumpy by the time I come out. I avoid it as much as I can. Washed Ruby Wednesday and she was filthy by Thursday and I never drove her anywhere. I hate pollen. Even my eyes feel gummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope when Sandy opens the shed,,she doesn't find that her soft top for the Jeep is now their bed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How scary but thrilling at the same time. Hope your son brings his gun along.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd be a little nervous walking into the shed. But I probably would have already checked it out to see what they are doing in there. I think I'd prop the door open and run. Then come back in a few minutes to see what's there. LOL

    Am I in the minority? I love Wal-Mart. There's nothing (well, almost nothing) better than walking in with an empty basket and checking out with a full basket of bags. When everything is put away, all is right with the world. Kind of like doing the laundry and having everything hung up and put away in the drawers. Same feeling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I only go to Walmart as a last resort. The foxes will not be happy with any intrusion:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with Barbara D so guess I am with the minority group. When traveling we always look forward to our Walmart stops for groceries & just about everything else we need. One stop & it's all under one roof. How convenient is that......

    ReplyDelete