Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, May 16, 2015

The Jeep's Hard Top is in the Shed...

...and the foxes are nowhere in sight!  I think my mental telepathy finally worked, and Mama was not seen today with any of her kits.  The jeep was pulled up to the shed and the guys took the hard top off and put it into the shed.  I went out there first, clapping my hands and tapping all around the building with a small stick, but Mama and her kits were gone.  I had worked on the telepathy since yesterday, urging Mama to get her kids and move, and she did!  I was so worried about a confrontation, and the foxes would definitely have gotten the worst of it.  They have provided me so much joy for a week of watching them, and I wasn't about to let macho get in the way!

I'm worn out from attending two soccer games today, and then helping Sandy get the dinner prepared.  Friends of theirs came for dinner - and he helped with the jeep top - Sandy grilled kabobs, shrimp, veggies, etc., plus all the dishes she fixed ahead of time.  I hadn't eaten lunch so I outdid myself at dinner.

I'm looking forward to Monday when Jeannie and Ara will be here.  Jeannie flew into Philadelphia early this morning, and they will come out on Monday when we will get our packs and other backpacking gear organized for a 3 day trip on the Appalachian Trail.  No stress about mileage or anything like that - we are going to enjoy the three of us being together.  They cooked this up a while back to surprise me!  We still haven't decided for certain where we will start and end, but it really doesn't matter.  The only thing is that Tuesday is something like a 70% chance of rain, but forecasts sometimes change - for the better or for the worst!

I'm planning to enjoy this trip to the utmost, as it will undoubtedly be my last backpacking venture.  I'm looking forward to a change in lifestyle in my future - maybe not as active, or maybe more active but in a different way.  No matter what, life is great!

6 comments:

  1. For the most part I often look forward to changes, even the lifestyle kind. I think you have the right attitude. A last backpacking venture?? I must have missed something somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, okay, I'm reading some changes in the wind here. But in the meantime, I SO envy you planning a backpacking trip. I'd do it again in a minute if I had a hiking partner. You're going to have so, so much fun! I can't wait to hear all about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't imagine life without Wal-Mart. However, I do get frustrated with this one down here because it is always out of stock on ordinary things. I'm sure glad your mental telepathy worked and Mama moved on. Really looking forward to hearing about your back packing trip. Should be so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess it did work and momma moved those kits into the woods. they must be big enough by know.

    Your back packing adventure sounds like a great plan with your girls. I'm getting excited about this new lifestyle you planning and wondering what it is. Your really teasing us LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad momma fox and her kits relocated to the woods.

    I know you are so going to enjoy the backpacking trip, three generations making great memories! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never say never even about backpacking. Glad the vixen headed out. I hope they are all safe and happy.

    ReplyDelete