Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, May 9, 2015

Soccer Saturday

I'm "soccered out" for the week after attending the boys' games today.  In between the games we went to Panera for lunch.  I had a dynamite kale-chicken  caesar's salad, and I will admit their food is good, but the ordering process is not good at all, at least to me.  I can't read the menu board unless I'm standing practically under it, at which time someone is waiting on me to take my order.  I'd rather look at a menu on my own time and have a server take it down when I've decided.  But I'm a child of a long-ago generation and just because it's the new and different way doesn't mean I have to like it.  For someone who rarely eats out, when I do I want to sit down and take my time deciding and ordering.

I think the family is going to a Fair this evening at a local stadium, and I've begged off.  No way do I want to walk around a Fair where there is nothing for me to do.

I have been seriously thinking about calling quits on the blog when I get back to California.  For one thing readership is down by at least 100 visits a day; it is increasingly difficult to write about a topic of interest several times a week much less every day.  I'm tired and really don't know why, but I'm not easily motivated any more.  I thought the trip would fix me right up, but aside from enjoying being with the family, the travel itself doesn't have the allure it once did.

I still want to go camping, and am going to look until I find a relatively inexpensive used teardrop trailer.  The kitchen facilities are under the hatch, and the sleeping facilities are inside the body of the trailer.  It's all I need after I take a canopy and possibly a privacy tent.  A trip journal written by a retired couple who traveled to Alaska and back in their daughter's teardrop is what interested me in RV-ing in the first place, and I need to go back to what excited me back then.  Simplicity is the key.  Also, there are a lot of women's camping groups in my area, as well as groups of teardrop campers.  I need to find some friends locally.

16 comments:

  1. Where is it written you have to up-date your blog several times a week? Up-date when you feel like it and I hope you find a way to camp that you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gypsy, I, for one would really miss your blog. I am not one of those who have dropped out. My husband & I consider you a friend. We discuss where you are and what you are doing. You've made us laugh more than once. We love the pictures of your kids and grandkids. Also, it lifts our spirits to know how your family works. You have so much fun together, and your kids are invariably there for you. That is how the world is supposed to work, but often it doesn't. At least, because of you, we know hope is still alive. I understand that keeping the blog going becomes a chore, but you certainly do do a good job! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no!! Please don't stop blogging. Yes, I sure do know how hard it is to come up with something new every day, so cut back to once a week or so and more if you can. Just don't stop because of the numbers, but post because of we faithful readers. Now be honest, how many times have you had no comments on your blog post?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all want to know about the weed police, don't cha know! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too would really miss your posts. I always look forward to them. I understand you though, because the same thing happened to me. I enjoyed blogging but in the end it was more of a chore. I still write one once in awhile mainly just to have a record. Good luck with finding a teardrop so you can enjoy camping again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I rarely comment but I always read your blog. Hope you get to go camping. Another small simple camper is an Alite..from Columbia Northwest. Hard sided pop up, but goes up easily
    and is very light.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I look forward to reading your blog every day. I don't comment often but you would be missed if you slack off.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I look forward to reading your blog every day. I don't comment often but you would be missed if you slack off.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It has gotten harder to blog for me too. And as far as readers go yes it has slacked off, but I think its because my blog is just as boring to them as it is for me. But I won't give it up just do it less. If I start traveling or have something interesting to post I will keep it going.
    I look for your blog first every evening. I think your plan to find a tear drop is a good idea and finding groups near you will be fun. You can pull a tear drop with your car they are really light weight

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoy your blog and look for it. Your blogger friends will miss your presence. I enjoy hearing your story.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We would miss you - please reconsider.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Blogging is something that is for you to decide to do. If you enjoy putting out something of yourself and your daily doings, then it is joy. If you get no pleasure from it, then it is a chore. I get very few views on each post, but thoroughly enjoy the banter back and forth with a few readers (like you! ;-> ). The number of people who look at what I have written and photographed is totally immaterial to me. If just one person gets some pleasure out of something I have posted, then I am happy. Sometimes that one person is me!

    I have been reading your posts faithfully since way back when you were volunteering in your fifth wheel, and then through the iterations of living in an apartment, your ups and downs with the slide-in camper, and now in your mobile home. There have been not a few times when something you said or mused over was useful to me, and probably to others who may have been mulling over options.

    The wonderment of being able to connect with people from all over the world is just beyond my ken, and I am astonished and thrilled with that aspect of blogging - or any computer communication for that matter.

    Write to please yourself, and if others read it, all the better.


    Virtual hugs,

    Judie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree that it is hard to keep blogging when it seems people read but don't comment. They hear from you but you don't hear from them. I keep a handwritten journal for me so the blog is about connecting with people and there isn't much motivation if they don't reach back. That said..........I do think it sounds like the tear drop thing is the answer for you and might get you really excited for camping and all the new people you would meet. Go for it. I'd love to read all about it and cheer you on.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'd miss your blog, for sure, but I know that sometimes posting is a chore. I don't post as often as I used to, but when I do, I love it! I just wait until I have something to say, or - usually - some photos I want to share. Also, my blog is like a journal for me. I use the Search gizmo often to find things I posted ages ago that I need again, repair shops, places I've been, etc. As I'm thinking about finding a home base, or at least changing the way I live, I enjoy even more those posts from people who full-timed and are now living in a stationary home. They give me things to think about. So... of course you have to do what's right for you, and if you need to stop posting, you'll stop. But please keep your blog "up" so that you can post from time to time to let us know how you're doing. When you post, it will pop up on our blogrolls so we can still keep in touch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I too would miss your blog. What may have become boring to you is of comfort to me of every day events with high lights thrown in. .... concern when you are not feeling well or have a ptoblem dealing with some pain in the neck something. So even though i dont comment im checking i. On you So dont dessert me.

    ReplyDelete