Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

A few more foxy fotos!

I will post these and then quit taking so many.  They are just so darned cute and I can't help myself!  (Click on a picture to enlarge it.)












The shed is built on a concrete slab, and we think they have tunneled their way through from one side to the other under the slab.  Yesterday I think I counted 5 little ones; some are way larger than the others, and I'm wondering if the petites are dainty little females.  There very well may be more than 5.

I've been reading up on the red fox - they are monogamous and the male helps to build the den and stays with the female while she needs food brought to her.  When she can manage the litter on her own he leaves and goes farther afield, returning during the next mating season.  The litter can be up to 10 babies.  

I take the photos through the kitchen window, and mama is aware of me, sometimes staring back.  I try to assure her (via mental telepathy) that I mean her no harm and enjoy watching her babies, but maybe I haven't found the right wave length yet.

I needed an oil change and went to get the $19.99 special at Valvoline, which ended up running me $71.  I needed a new air filter (they showed me the dirty one), and a new wiper blade for the rear window.  It was virtually useless and at the last service I had they didn't have a wiper to fit my back window.  So I'm a satisfied customer, and now need to find a car wash and get rid of the yellow pollen coating over my entire car.


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful fox family - how fun to get to watch the babies at such an early age! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so enjoying your pictures of the babies. Our baby hummers haven't hatched yet but we're trying to keep a close eye on them. Sure hope we can see them. The way things are going we will be here long enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How can you help not to take their pictures they are so cute. I love their coloring when young. Not a bad price to pay for all you had done to the car..

    ReplyDelete