Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, May 29, 2015

Am I ready for the road-trip?

Not just yet, but I think I can organize pretty quickly.

This morning I bought a moist/dry heating pad.  The old one I have at home isn't working any more and it's a good thing to have on hand.  The moist heat feature means it is easier to use that a wet washcloth heated in the microwave, so I'll do it more often.  Yesterday I caved in and took an Alleve, but today I'm hopeful I won't have to rely on drugs.

Having a while to consider the events of the past couple of weeks, I come to the conclusion that even with my injuries and the associated pain, mine was an experience I wouldn't trade for the world.  It taught me a lot about myself, as well as relieved my mind that my daughter and granddaughter are extremely capable and will be able to meet life's challenges.  Not that I had any doubt about it.  I hope next year we can find a trail that will be a bit easier and mostly rock free.  Considering that I haven't done anything to compare with this hike in the last 18 yrs, I'm damn proud I could even consider it!

I got on the scale this morning and found I've lost about 5+ pounds.  When I can get back to my normal diet at home I can gain a few of those pounds back although I will no longer obsess about my weight as long as I'm feeling good and have energy to do the things I want and need to do.

While I was at the store I stopped when I saw the blood pressure machine, and was surprised to see 111/55 on the read-out.  Blood pressure fluctuates constantly so I don't really care what it said.

Another jigsaw puzzle has been opened but I won't be here to see the finished product, which has 2000 pieces!  I will buy a couple puzzles when I get back, as it will be better to work on something like that when I have nothing else to do except to turn on the TV.    If I could get good internet on its own, without the TV part of the package, I think I would consider cancelling TV.  I haven't watched it at all since I arrived 7 wks ago.

Wildlife spotted recently:


   
Last puzzle completed, and the newest one to be worked:  (Click a picture to enlarge it.)  I rotated the last photo when I downloaded it, but it looks like it reverted to the original orientation.  Sorry about the glare on one of them.




This is a soccer tournament week, with Joshua playing 4 games on Saturday.  I am definitely going to beg off!  

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

5 comments:

  1. I think you are amazing to be able to finish that hike. But next year - fewer rocks would be a whole lot easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure are the exception, most women try to shed pounds, not put on weight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hink I've always had high metabolism, plus I've never eaten a lot of sweets or empty calories, and haven't had a soda in about 44 years (with the exception of a ginger ale every few years).

      Delete
  3. I can' t believe you have been there 7 weeks already. But it's good you recognize how great you did on the that hike even if you did fall, and you still finished and how you prepared your girls to survive. Your son lives in such a great place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dream of the time when I would have to dream of gaining weight:)

    ReplyDelete