Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Thursday Woes - UPDATE

I was sitting at the dining room  working on the latest puzzle.  The washing machine and dryer were going and I could hear them as background noise.  I must have flushed the toilet and it never stopped running, but I didn't hear it over the other faint noise.  When I finally went to see if the dryer was finished I heard the water in the bathroom.  The thingy that stops the water when the tank is at the proper level must have gotten stuck, and there was water ALL OVER the floor.  Good thing it's a tile floor.   I immediately turned the water off at the source and began to clean up the sea of water all over the floor.  Not a good way to spend the morning.  I think I have all the water cleaned up.  Rats!

I think I need a good workout on the treadmill, but since I just ate my lunch I should wait a little while.  Now my back hurts, and I want some chocolate!

UPDATE:
Mike, Sandy and the boys came home from soccer practice and pizza about 8:30 this evening.  Water had gotten most of the floor wet in the garage, as well as the plaster walls and ceiling.  I can't believe it caused that much damage because it couldn't have been running more than 45 minutes, about the wash or dryer cycle, and I was listening for them to stop. 
The insulation is going to have to be pulled out of the garage ceiling and replaced, as well as some major plumbing work.



10 comments:

  1. Take the rest of the day off, lay down on the couch, and eat the chocolate. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, that's terrible! Not your fault, though, and thankfully you noticed and cleaned up all the water. Such a bummer! You can have a piece of chocolate - yes, you deserve it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. chocolate fixes just about everything. Glad you found the leak when you did. Good for you. Now hurry up and eat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should definitely enjoy some chocolate after having to work on the plumbing:))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you have a plumber's crack now? Maybe that's why your back hurts. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are living parallel lives. I put a small load into the washer and was reading when I heard the unmistakable sound of water rushing out. I ran and turned off the washer but not before I had a mess to clean up. This is a stackable and weighs tons. Neither of us can budge it to see what's wrong. Just what I need. And you too I know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why can't life just go smoothly for a couple of weeks but it sure doesn't seem to work that way. Thank goodness for chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. UGH! It's always something isn't it. Not only do you deserve some chocolate but put some ice cream in there too. Crap happens it's not your fault

    ReplyDelete
  9. You should commiserate with Retired Rod as that happened at his Kansas place while he was still in Mesa. His kids found it the next morning. His entire living room needs replaced,among other things I think. His was an upstairs toilet that overflowed down into the living room and into the basement.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh dear. Since it obviously was going to happen, why did all that damage have to happen when you were there by yourself? Unfair I say. But then isn't life?

    ReplyDelete