Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, February 16, 2015

Waiting- UPDATE

It's not even 7 in the morning, I am showered and dressed, and just waiting until it's time to leave for my dental appointment.  I'm not too nervous about it as there isn't much I can do about it, and I just hope all goes well and the pain killers work!   When I was hit with pain on Friday evening and took an Alleve, the pain stopped about 15 minutes later.  I thought for sure it would come back, but fortunately I haven't even had a twinge.

Yesterday Jeannie asked if she could use my car as hers is making a weird noise, so of course I said ok.  She had to make a couple of stops and wanted me to go along with her and Arianna.  Autumn had a birthday part to attend and Donald was taking her to that.  We hadn't been out long when Arianna became pretty quiet, and when Jeannie helped her out of the car in the shopping center she noticed that Arianna was running a fever.  By the time we got back to their house she was alternating between feeling cold and hot, and Jeannie talked to the advice nurse at some length, and was told to give her 
children's tylenol or similar.  It worked pretty fast and by the time I left to come home she was feeling much better.

Autumn's party was at an ice skating rink (I would have loved to attend that one!) and instead of personal birthday gifts, the birthday girl had requested that gifts be for pets and would be donated to a pet shelter.   I hope it becomes a trend with these young kids - to think of others less fortunate than themselves when it comes to gifts.  Autumn has decided she wants to get birthday gifts that can be given to homeless children for her next birthday - it is a terrible blight on our country that there even are children who are homeless.

Jeanne is off work today for the national holiday, and I'm getting my hair trimmed tomorrow, but if her car hasn't been fixed by then I'll just let her keep mine for a while.  It means I will have to walk 3 or 4 city blocks to get to the gym and treadmill, which certainly won't hurt me to do.

I may have mentioned that when I am in NY I would like to try some backpacking on the Appalachian trail, maybe NY and CT, or even on my way back home I could hike through the Shenandoah in Virginia.  I don't have anyone to hike with so just figurd I'd do it alone.  One by one my kids have just casually mentioned "You could get Ara to hike with you."   A week or so ago I was talking to Ara and she said "I'll hike with you grandma", and yesterday it hit me that there was a conspiracy going on.  My kids know better than to tell me I shouldn't do something  because then I'll HAVE to do it, so they've probably collaborated with Ara figuring she would have the best chance of getting me to hike with a partner.  I think it's so funny (and so very sweet) that the 4 grown children are calling upon the grown granddaughter to control and look out for "the old lady"!  I have to say I can't think of a better solution and I really love them all for being concerned.  But I've raised them and probably know all their tricks, and no doubt used a lot of the same tricks when I was young.

When the two younger sons were in their late teens they were very interested in traveling to Ireland for a few weeks.  On a tight budget they took bikes and biked around the Ring of Kerry.  The girlfriend of my youngest son also went with them.  Before they left I told them, "Now don't cross the border into Northern Ireland.  Just stay out of Northern Ireland as it could be dangerous".  I told a friend about the trip and my warning, and they said "They wouldn't go into N. Ireland will they?", to which I replied "I certainly hope they do".  You want a kid to do something just tell them they shouldn't!  They did rent a car and drove up to Belfast where they had a great time, but didn't spend a whole lot of time there.  They could say they were there, which was the whole idea.

UPDATE:
 I'm back home one hour after the time of my appointment.  It took longer for the numbing than it did to pull the tooth.  My dentist applies the numbing meds very slowly so it doesn't hurt, and waits until he is sure they have taken full effect.  The wisdom tooth is out, and I hope I don't have any more problems for a long time!   


4 comments:

  1. I love the idea of giving the birthday girl gifts for dogs at a shelter - what a wonderful thing to do. My grandson did something similar on his birthday - he asked for money that we could donate on-line for foster kids. I was so proud of him.

    Good luck today at the dentist. I've talked lately with a lot of RVers who are crossing over into Mexico to have dental work done. Most people on Medicare, or younger people who still have regular insurance, don't have dental insurance, and I guess they have found some really good dentists over there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate it when I come home from the dentist after getting a numbing shot and try to drink a glass of water. I usually dribble so much I have to change my shirt . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the story of your backpacking partner. If I were in Virginia when you get there I would have volunteered. Glad to hear it was a wisdom tooth and everything went so well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way our kids now think we need baby sitting lol but at least we know they care. My grandson and his other half are expecting a baby girl next week her name will be Arianna. I sure hope your little one is feeling better now.

    glad all went well for you at the dentist.

    ReplyDelete