Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, December 8, 2013

The Cold Continues

I was so chilled this morning that I got out my down jacket to wear to Costco.  We got there early and checked out before the big crush.

I only bought a few items, including Benadryl tablets that I was out of, and some organic beef.  I've noticed that eating beef raises my energy level somewhat, and I need all the help I can get.  How to fix it is another matter though - I don't want to make full-size recipes for anything.  I think I will try to find some small loaf pans and maybe make a couple of little meat loaves.  For something so easy I probably make the world's worst meatloaf, and it doesn't matter which recipe I follow or even whether I use a recipe.

I'm enjoying the muffins and having one now for dessert with a cup of Irish tea.  I normally don't like tea but Barry's Irish is about the only kind I can drink.  Six muffins left!

I am so irritated when I read that there will probably be a new federal safety plan aimed at senior drivers.  There is no question that the senior group have a low accident rate, and that is no doubt because we pick and choose the time, routes, speed, etc. that we drive, often with our own safety and that of others in mind.  We don't need a new plan, what we need is enforcement to curb the outrageous speed and driving habits of younger and middle aged people.  When you see cars weaving in and around others on the road, excessive speed, tailgating, quickness to honk the horn, etc., it's not likely to be a senior behind the wheel!  Instead of enforcing the laws already on the books, they want to make it more difficult for the group of superior drivers to stay in their cars.

It's 36F, going to a low around 27 tonight.  I am freezing even wrapped in a warm fleecy throw. 

12 comments:

  1. I'd send a picture but can't in a comment .. I'll send it via email...

    made in muffin tin as Sandra suggested... I haven't tried these yet.. I keep collecting recipes... one of these I'm going to try them!

    You could cook the burger and crumble it to add ... or your bacon!

    Egg Muffins

    Spray a muffin/cupcake pan w/ non-stick spray.

    Fill with ANYthing you want: ham & broccoli, chicken & carrots, spinach w/ feta & tomatoes, steak & bell peppers....whatever you have in the fridge.

    (Note: add all veggies RAW - they will cook to perfection during the baking process)

    Mix approx 1 egg per/muffin in a blender w/ a splash of milk. Pour directly into each cup just below the rim.

    Top with shredded or sliced cheeses of your choice.

    Bake at 425 degrees for approx 20 min.
    Let cool before removing from pan

    These can be stored in your fridge for up to 3-4 days!
    Simply warm in the microwave for a quick breakfast on-the-go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just use a regular meal loaf pan and then cut into serving sizes and put them in freezer bags. the all you have to do is make a veggie or what ever on the side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meat loaf is one of my favorite foods to stash. I have a great recipe that uses oats. I do the same as Jo. One of my favorite ways to take advantage of the freezer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite recipe is the Boston Market Meatloaf that you can find online. The last time I made one I cooked it in the larger muffin pan. It takes about half the time to cook as the loaf does. We eat one meal and freeze the others for later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love meatloaf!! Your last few posts are sure making me hungry. I agree with your rant but I also think at 80 we need to be tested again. Some elderly people really should not be driving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My meatloaf falls apart so getting slices is really hard. But we always end up freezing some of it. I have trouble getting warm also. I sit with two dogs on my lap and a blanket over all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We too have trouble getting warm. These days, our Uggs boots (ours are a knock-off brand) are the key to keeping our feet warm, and we both wear fleece in the house. So much for California weather!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What is the federal government doing messing around with what is the states stuff to regulate? The Feds need to keep their nose out of State business!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like that muffin pan idea. My secret to a tasty meatloaf is to poke holes with your finger in the top of the meatloaf before baking, and fill each hole with some cold bacon grease. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I gave my sister a Sunbeam electric throw blanket and she loves it.

    Make a small casserole with ground beef, noodles and a can of mushroom soup. I like to add some frozen corn, and a nice crispy topping of corn flakes and butter.

    ReplyDelete