Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, December 12, 2013

It's a good day

I saw my primary doctor this morning and got the EKG.  She also discussed the results of some recent tests, including the chest xray which looks terrific.  She is the 2nd doctor to suggest that I may be kept in the hospital for at least an additional day.  There goes Christmas with the family.  If I get out of the hospital on Christmas Eve, I won't be in any condition to be with my bunch of rowdies the next day.  I'm sure it will hurt to laugh, and I can't keep from laughing when my kids get together.

From there I wasn't far from my hairdresser's salon, but had a little while to kill before that appointment.  I ended up going to Starbucks which is a couple doors away from the hairdresser, and had a cup of coffee (I don't really like Starbucks) and a slab of coffee cake.  While I was eating I witnessed a conversation between 3 or 4 younger people and I swear I didn't understand a word they said!  Gee, I'm getting old!

I love my new haircut.  It's short, so no more hair falling in my face, or on my plate, or in my mouth when I'm eating, or all over my clothes.  I look like me again.

I don't understand what it is about scales - the kind you step on to find your weight.  Last night at the gym it registered 120; this morning at the doctor's office it was 114!  What happened to that 6#?  Usually the doctor's scale weighs me heavier, but in this case I just don't know.

So between appointments I stopped at Costco and bought a huge bottle of protein powder - I've been trying samples of different kinds but decided I need to settle on one and use it.  I also bought a 1/2 gallon of whole milk to mix with it.  I'm not sure if I'll be able to tolerate whole milk after my surgery so I'll just enjoy it while I can.  There may be a number of things that I won't tolerate, but I'll go by trial and error and see what I can eat.

I am feeling in great spirits right now and hope it lasts for a while.  I don't want to wish away precious days, but I will be glad to get this operation behind me, and then deal with the 2nd ERCP.  Then look out bears and mountain lions - I'm coming into your territory, so you'd better take cover!


5 comments:

  1. Good day for you all the way around. I think I like your hair short.

    I found a protein powder I like but I can thing of the name. I got it at Walmart. I haven't been buying lately and I think its time to get back to it. I use it in my smoothies.

    Maybe you can repeat Christmas with the family on New Years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never had any issues with food after my surgery. But I don't have issues with food ever. Jim's weight varies from doctor to doctor even when we see them on the same day. So who knows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good day ! yay! ... I use whey protein powder and almond milk ... tastes really good, to me. I blend it with frozen fruit in my blender to make it have a thicker texture ... like a milkshake.

    well... I bet you'll have Christmas visits if you have to stay in the hospital... jeeeeez what a time to have to have surgery...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear everything is moving along. I just don't get how your situation ended up so serious. But good to get it behind you. Love to hear you worry about laughing too much. What a great bunch of kids. Where's the new haircut picture??

    ReplyDelete