Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, March 2, 2012

What's happening at the grocery store?

I am feeling like absolute crap, so I decided to make a run to the grocery (a drive, actually) and get some Campbell's Chicken Noodle soup for my lunch. You remember it, the kind of soup Moms used to serve their kids, and nothing tastes better when you're not feeling up to par? I spent 10 minutes at the Campbell soup display - NO, I don't want lo-fat chicken noodle soup; I don't want Homestyle Chicken Noodle Soup; I don't want Heart Healthy chicken noodle soup! I just want the stuff most American kids have grown up on. I finally found it hidden on the bottom shelf, and I have to tell you it hit the spot for my lunch.

Then I decided I want some macaroni & cheese, so I looked in the entire row of pasta for elbow macaroni. They have every pasta known to man on those shelves, including whole wheat versions of all the pastas, quinoa versions, etc. Where's the Muellers Elbow Macaroni? I finally located a small bag of DaVinci elbow macaroni so now I can make my mac & cheese.

Some Tilamook cheddar and a 30 pack of Miller Hi Life rounded up my purchases because I felt too weak to continue. The chirpy cashier asked me how my day was going, and I said "OK". She kept pushing me until I finally told her I've been painting and am getting pretty tired of it. She answered, "So that's what the beer is about?" What a smart aleck!

It has taken me all day to clean 4 cabinet fronts and get the primer on, and I'm going to call an end to the painting for now when I get them hung back up. I'll be at a good stopping point. I hate to leave the kitchen unfinished, but it will just have to wait until I feel better, or get back from the east, whichever is sooner.

A few posts back someone asked if my mobile home requires a license plate, and the answer is "NO". I have a piece of paper that says "Registration Card", which is good until March 31, 2013.

I hope everyone has a good weekend - can't believe another one has rolled around already. Time is surely speeding up.

4 comments:

  1. Your title is a very good question. What is happening? Food has gotten so complicated anymore and the ingredients on the box or can run 3 or 4 inches long. What happened to the 5 ingredient chicken soup that was such comfort food? Now we have to worry about GMO and herbicides and pesticides and who knows what other cancer causing things. I don't even like to go to the grocery store anymore.


    Glad you got what you needed! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol... I feel your pain! It is frustrating... I think it is impossible to just get whatever it is you want without a zillion thises or thats..

    I told a little barista -- I just want coffee... right.

    I looked for regular Mac&Cheese yesterday! ... what? I finally tried a new thing - in a bag type thing ... ok, I'll try it... it was okay but I wanted some comfort M&C ... the powder just awful for us original stuff.

    drives me insane...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cashier was probably right about the beer (grin). OK, I know I am a "smart-eleck" I haven't had the good old fashioned mac and cheese for a long time, you know, the kind baked in an over with crumbs on top and real cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've done a great job there, girl. Take your time! Don't be like me, can't let something go, have to finish.

    ReplyDelete