Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Thought I was losing my mind!

But I found it again. Jeannie came over yesterday and painted some more of the kitchen, and I had taken down some cabinet fronts that I painted. I was looking at the painted fronts a while ago trying to figure out where each one goes. I stood in front of the stack of cupboards they go back on, and kept counting the spaces, walking back to the fronts and counting them. I was one short! Panic was about to set in, and I even went outside twice to where I had scrubbed the fronts with the hose and a bucket of solution.

I looked at it all one last time to figure out which one I would leave out until I could figure something out, then realized one larger front covers two shelf spaces! I'm still sane, can still count, and I'm not losing my mind! Don't ask me why I didn't figure it out sooner since one of the fronts is about double the size of the others.

Looking at the paint job done by Jeannie, I'll have to say she is really good, and it reminds me of how precise I used to be.

I finally got the results of my blood tests with a message from the doctor. Much of it is pretty good, except my blood counts. She wants me to see a hematologist, and if anyone has been through this please write and tell me what it involves. Are there additional tests they do, and how invasive are they? What might they be looking for? I googled it but didn't really find what I wanted. I certainly wasn't looking for scholarly articles with no words under 3 syllables, nor did I want articles that are too general in nature.

I used to google a lot of things, but I'm getting so paranoid about Google and the info they save on searches, email contents, etc. I did set my preferences that I did not want them to keep my information, but I don't believe that matters to them and they will find a way around it. With that in mind, I've been googling less. I remember years ago when there were many search engines, each with its own specialization, i.e., Lycos, and others. They may still be around, but way back in the shadows of Google which has grown too big in my opinion.

Earlier yesterday morning Jeannie and I took all the recycling in and both our cars were filled with bags of bottles and cans. I'm glad to get that stuff out of my way.

On Friday afternoon Susan dropped by to say goodbye as she was leaving for Arizona the following morning. I wished her the best, and according to her blog, the trip started out fine, but trouble developed in Southern CA with the 5th wheel hitch. Fortunately, her son was driving with her and got them back on the road when trouble developed with the truck brakes. I'm anxious to read her next post and hope she arrived at her destination without more trouble.

This weekend has gone by really fast, and I'm going to enjoy planning my travels. I don't want to jump the gun because weather is so unpredictable, although I have a copy of the 2012 Old Farmer's Almanac which has a pretty good forecasting track record.

11 comments:

  1. Still in Banning, have to wait for service centers to be open. Still posting the details and pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay - I've been to the hematologist in order to figure out what was wrong with me. The tests really aren't invasive - at least mine weren't. Mostly taking blood so they could run a zillion tests on it. Took my life history trying to find out if I could have picked up some strange foreign blood disease. Nothing there. They finally figured out that mine was a lack of B-12. But really and truly, it was pretty easy except for the fact that I was falling asleep through most of it.

    Sure hope things work out better for Susan. I am really looking forward to meeting her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try DogPile.com for searches. It compiles from Yahoo, Google and Bing. I'm hoping that it also acts as a proxie and filters my identity. At any rate, I am getting out of the habit of 'google'ing things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here is another search engine that is reported not to save personal information DuckDuckGo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope all comes out good in your tests...I think it involves more blood work. I agree with you about google...and no you are not losing your mind!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You aren't losing your mind any more than I am when I go in the bedroom and by the time I get there I've forgotten what I went for.

    Did your doctor tell you what blood numbers he was concerned about? That would give you a better idea of what will happen at the hematologist.

    BTW, how much did the recycling add to the savings accounts or was it bonds she buys??

    ReplyDelete
  7. "A mind is a terrible thing to lose." :) I've lost mine several times lately...

    ReplyDelete
  8. An initial visit to a hematologist should consist of nothing more than a conversation and a bit of "bloodletting". It should be no more painful than any other type of physician visit wherein they extract your blood for testing.

    Virtual hugs,

    Judie < -- regular visitor to hematologist with my husband

    ReplyDelete
  9. When i bought my house, had to work on it for 4 or 5 months, and one day, saw my bro n snl come driving up,,nearly cried, so glad to see them. I still laugh about seeing a white cricket walking across the floor after my snl painted that room.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I understand about mind losing! I'm also concerned about the weather. I'm leaving Friday and rainy stormy weather is all along the route...

    I'm still not afraid to Google. The information they gather - such as sites I've visited and the information on my online profile -- Yahoo - Facebook and lord knows what else is, well - public.

    I just don't put anything online that would make any difference whether anyone knows about it or not.

    I don't want spam and have all the spam filters activated and don't open anything from any unknown source.

    I have recently been getting notices from YouTube about MY video... and to click on the address given. hah!

    I will never click on any address given in an email... that's an invitation to a virus - I did that years ago when I first started getting online and well... I had to totally wipe everything out and start from scratch! rat bastards.

    I've gotten other 'authentic' looking emails from other services I use but I figure that information would not come in the form of an email asking for this or that.

    So... I don't care if 'they' know what sites I've visited or my name or that I'm old and fat and eat too much pie.

    I think the privacy we all knew is a thing of the past regardless.

    Well? hope your blood tests are over and out - I probably should have thousands of tests. I'm such a chicken!

    I've never checked the Almanac... forgot all about that... I might check one out. I remember my Dad getting one each year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gypsy, I have a search website that I use. It's supposed to be the best one as far as not tracking anything you enter. Then if you are looking up medical stuff, etc., no one can see it.

    https://startpage.com/

    The s after the http means it's secure.

    ReplyDelete