Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The incessant wind

I'm getting pretty tired of it, and we don't have it as bad as some of the folks in the southwest have reported it. I was driving to the store yesterday, and noticed a lot of workmen doing road work on Folsom Blvd. It must have been a really heavy gust of wind that took one of the men's hard hat off and blew it down the road! I wonder if he had it on properly because it doesn't seem it should come off easily, but I guess that's how strong the wind can be.

I went to a local lab this morning to get blood drawn. The woman doing it was terrific - I couldn't even feel the needle. Maybe because the tourniquet around my upper arm was so tight, but I didn't mention that when I complimented her. I had asked my doctor if I might need B-12 shots because I can't shake the fatigue. The deep cough is getting better although it is aggravating in the middle of the night. The doctor ordered several things to be tested, and I should hear in a day or so.

I was corresponding with my brother in Milwaukee, and wrote this to him today:
"I've really been feeling terrible lately, but the other night I watched Wayne Dyer on PBS. He emphasized that if you go around saying you feel bad, have no energy, are too poor, etc., that is exactly what you will experience. Since then, I've been saying things like "I am well; I feel terrific; I have energy; I am prosperous, etc." I began feeling better almost immediately, although I'm still waiting for prosperous! Actually, I have learned to appreciate the abundance I have - it is everything I need, if not exactly everything I want."

So I probably could have skipped the blood test, but I guess it's just as well to have it done. It isn't going to keep me from my trip if I can drag myself into the car, and there is very little in the way of more tests or treatments that I would agree to.

A few days ago I called the hospital to see if my cousin was still there. She wasn't, so I called her cell phone and she answered, although I could barely understand her. She couldn't talk much, but I did get that she had pneumonia. If she's at home with pneumonia I don't see how she could still be alive, but I haven't heard anything yet.

So in the words suggested by Dr. Wayne Dyer, "I feel great! I have energy! I am well! I am prosperous! I am pretty!" Haha, I just thought I sneak the last one in there. If it works for well-being and energy, it might work for prosperity and pretty!

9 comments:

  1. lol... I'm with you... I mean why not cover all the wannas bases...

    jeeez... I hope you get to feeling better and I totally understand why you would drag yourself to your car for your trip...

    bummer on feeling bad... go way

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as you had the blood draw, I'd let them test it for anything they think might tell them something.

    I'm with you on the law of attraction. It does make me feel better to say that I'm happy and having fun and healthy and have lots of energy and everything I need in life. Now I'll add prosperous and pretty and see how that goes. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, that will lift your spirits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck on the test results, I am sure you will be all those things, even prosperous and pretty. Buying a lotto ticket may help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope all the test are good. Keep up the chant maybe I will try it too.

    As for the wind yes I am sick of it to. The air is filthy dirty with dust.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE you blog and your attitude on life ....living! Glag you went to the Dr.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too saw that program. I believe that it is important to feel that way. You ARE not only "pretty" but a totally beautiful person.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know. I always feel better after I admit I feel lousy and make that whining sound that drives all parents crazy. Then I can pick up my bootstraps and move on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are VERY pretty! And yes, positive thinking does work, I believe it. If nothing else, you feel happier. :)

    ReplyDelete