Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, March 24, 2012

It's cold today!

From mid-day when I walked over to the laundry room a couple of times to this afternoon it has gotten much colder, and the breeze has picked up. The forecast for five days beginning today show rain, and while we haven't yet had rain it will probably show up before I go to bed.

I have the breadmaker running and the fine aroma of baking bread is wafting through the house. I have chicken tenderloins marinating in basalmic & rosemary dressing, and the only thing missing is dessert. I nearly went out to pick up something for my sweet tooth, even had my coat on, but decided I would just stay home. The favorite part of the weekends is not getting into my car, although I might break down tomorrow and drive to Raleys. They are closing this store soon and I don't know what I will do for baked goods, as theirs is the very best of supermarket bakeries. I need to attempt using the bread machine to make dough and then fashion my own rolls with it - cinnamon rolls would be my pick.

I did my jumping jacks today and added 5 to yesterday's count, so I am up to 15! I'm going to keep track and raise it by 5 every day. The stretch routine I do nearly every day is called "a.m. & p.m. Stretch" with Madeleine Lewis, and is available at Gaiam.com for about $15 plus s&h. It takes about 30 minutes each for the morning and evening routines, and I try to do at least one each day. The morning stretch really makes me feel terrific, and I think the one great part about it is becoming more aware of my posture. I tend to slump sometimes, but the morning session ends with emphasis on maintaining good posture throughout the day and it really works for me. My muscles get a little sore if I haven't done these routines for a while but that soreness goes away within about a week. I doubt I'll be able to keep up with it staying in motels along the route to NY - I hate to put my yoga mat down on a motel room rug!

When I was doing these exercises last year (when I lived in an apartment) I noticed after a few months that my tricep muscles had become really nice and tight. The triceps is the part of the upper arm that can be like flabby jello. There is a stretch for the triceps in both the a.m. and p.m. programs.

I guess that is enough of an unsolicited plug for Gaiam and their wonderful DVD's. I also have a couple of yoga DVD's featuring Rodney Yee, who is way to advanced for me to even attempt it, but he is so good to look at I sometimes watch the videos!

Every day this week I've looked forward to mail delivery, hoping my Triptik has arrived, but so far I'm still waiting. They told me it would be close to the first of April and I guess that's when I can expect it. I'm looking forward to seeing Dr. G on Monday, and hope I can get some glasses that will help. I know the occasional tightening up and blurring is caused by the one suture left in each eye. I don't know enough about it to argue with the dr. and he knows I would like them taken out. I have heard that several sutures are left in when someone undergoes the full cornea transplant, so I guess I'm not all that bad off.

My bread is ready and I need to go remove it from the machine. It's still about an hour early to start sauteeing the chicken, and if I sneak a slice of warm bread I will undoubtedly eat several slices and leave the chicken for tomorrow.

7 comments:

  1. I think I need that am and pm dvd. I wonder if you can do them lying on the bed or do you need the firmer surface of the floor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a question. If you still have sutures in your eyes should you be doing jumping-jacks? Would you ask the doctor Monday about doing impact exercises to be on the save side. I'd hate to see you lose your vision. And ye, I'm mothering you. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I could do Jumping Jacks, some one would yell!Earthquake,Earthquake! If I got on the floor to do Yoga, it would take a chain hoist to get me up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang! that bread sounds good...

    And, well... after the five JJs I did last night... I'm taking a night off.

    haaa... I tell you ... if there were a video recorder about! I look lovely jumping jacks...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gypsy you just always manage to do interesting blogs on the just ordinary days in your life. When I try that I can't think of a thing to say.

    You've hooked me in with the triceps exercises. I do yoga and lift weights and STILL my triceps hang. Hope it isn't just genetic and you got good ones and I got bad ones.

    When you go to a hotel usually there are two bath towels. Put one of them down under your yoga mat and continue on with your stretches.

    Sherry
    www.directionofourdreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhhh I can smell the bread from here!

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Since I got out of the hospital a few weeks back & having lost 65 lbs of water weight due to CHF - I have been trying to find a low impact workout that will tone up what little muscle I have left.

    Thank you so, so, so much. I will purchase it tomorrow. My doctor will be pleased. I do [and have always] walk[ed] a lot, but it doesn't address your upper body & posture like this. Yippee! Very happy. Thx again. :D

    ReplyDelete