Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, March 26, 2012

Now I'm good to go!

Yesterday I took care of the important half of the gypsy team, and today it is my turn.

I saw Dr. G. and he tells me my eyes are great! He also said there is no exercise I can do that would hurt my eyes, unless there is something that could hit me in the eye. Since I am not into those exercise machines with god knows what hanging all over them, nor have I taken up boxing, I think I'm ok for the jumping jacks. I told him I wanted to get in shape to do some long distance backpacking so he knows what I'm up to.

I left with an appointment for 6 months and a prescription for glasses, which I have already ordered at the Walmart near my house. I really like Walmart Vision Centers, and I got the best pair of glasses I ever had at the one a couple of miles from my current house. I'm hoping for the best, although I haven't really been satisfied with glasses since I've had all my troubles with cataracts and cornea transplants. Maybe this time will be perfect, and at least I am hoping so.

I selected the frames and then discussed with the optician all the choices for lenses, keeping in mind what my insurance covers. I ended up with two options - one at $115 out of my pocket, and the other at $165 out of pocket which included transitions lenses with copper/brown lenses. It seems the brown costs more than the grey (which I have trouble seeing out of). I decided in the end to get the $115 option, but when I went to pay, it turns out that the insurance gave me some kind of extra discount and my payment was only $30! Dang, I would have gotten the transition lenses if I'd realized I would get an additional discount. I'm happy though, because my funds are looking pretty skimpy for such an adventurous trip, and I still need an oil change, prescription refills, etc. The cost of fuel has me very worried.

I'm down to one drop a day in each eye of the prednisone, and the sutures remain, one in each eye. In the end I decided that Dr. G. knows how I feel about the sutures, and if he thinks they should stay a while longer then I'm not going to argue with him. There have been few doctors I trust as much as I do this one, and I'm not going to second guess him. Maybe in six months ...

It is a beautiful sunny day and my spirits are about as high as they can get.

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the good report from the doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see things are going well for you, Gypsy! I see freedom in the days ahead, for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for you. Such great news. Now I need to go back and catch up on Lady.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to see such a positive post from you today! :) I might do a couple of jumping jacks in your honor...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to hear all this! No wonder it was such a good day. Glad to hear there was no harm in the jumping jacks. I think they are hard to do. Reminds me of army drills. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alright! Svelte here you come!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you have plenty to be happy for. I still am using those drops but only for another week. I don't like them as they do cloud my vision for quite a while but like you said the Dr. knows best.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you on the "good to go" report!

    Steve had transitions on his last pair of glasses, but they didn't change rapidly enough and also went dark when in our bright house during the day.

    Also, I hated not being able to see his eyes when I spoke to him in the house etc.

    This pair he went without the transitions and he is much happier, as am I. LOL

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. About glasses I only have one thing to say.. And I learned it from the"Old Fat Mans" RV blog.


    Zeni Optical...No they don't do insurance but they are so dang cheap who cares. Single Vision are as low as 6.95 complete. Many spare frames are only 3.50. I have reading glasses, computer glasses and 2 pairs of the progressive bifocals.. Only trick is getting a decent PD measurement.. I have had terrible luck with Wallmart.
    Hope yours works out better

    ReplyDelete
  10. About glasses I only have one thing to say.. And I learned it from the"Old Fat Mans" RV blog.


    Zeni Optical...No they don't do insurance but they are so dang cheap who cares. Single Vision are as low as 6.95 complete. Many spare frames are only 3.50. I have reading glasses, computer glasses and 2 pairs of the progressive bifocals.. Only trick is getting a decent PD measurement.. I have had terrible luck with Wallmart.
    Hope yours works out better

    ReplyDelete