Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, December 19, 2010

What to do the Sunday before Christmas

Yesterday was Autumn's birthday and Donald's Mom and I joined the family for dinner at the Mexican restaurant we took Jeannie to on her birthday last month. Some of the staff came by to sing happy birthday and to present the birthday girl with a slice of flan with a candle in it. (Flan is a very rich custard that is especially loved in the Spanish countries).



I woke up early this morning and decided to get up and look through the Sunday paper and Christmas ads. I found a Garmin Nuvi 255W for $89, which is a real bargain, plus a wireless indoor/outdoor thermometer which I've been wanting to get for the Lance, and it's just $10. But a week before Christmas spend $100 on me??? I haven't yet bought a single Christmas gift, and I have 8 grandchildren. I think I'm going to get them savings bonds and let the other sets of grandparents buy all the toys. Kids have way too many toys anyway and I don't want to add to the clutter.

I'm all dressed and ready to go shopping, so do I buy myself a new GPS and thermometer, or do I sit here at home looking pretty all day and not accomplishing a thing?

16 comments:

  1. Go and by it you are worth it !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. of course I meant "buy" it's hard to type on the iPod

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will never get a deal like that on a Garmin again, go for it. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get out there and shop, shop, shop for yourself. You deserve it and I agree - the grandkids have way too many toys and things and stuff.

    And that is really a great buy on that Garmin and the thermometer. I know we paid $23 for our thermometer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with all the others. You go buy yourself some toys. And when you get a little older you can wrap your own and still be surprised (grin).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! we are all enablers here. We want our friend Gypsy taken care of! So heck yes why not get some gifts for her!
    Rod

    ReplyDelete
  7. Go shopping! I have the Garmin that is on sale and it works great. I also have the wireless indoor-outdoor thermometer (two of them) and they also work great. Both items will be great for your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The only way to ensure you get what you want is to get it yourself. Happy shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Gypsy, you made me break down and buy one, too. The reviews on it are mixed, so I hope I will be able to make it work.

    I don't travel much, so I hope it will work for geocaching.

    Happy Trails, Penny, TX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gypsy, I hope you bought them. Every Christmas I buy myself something I really want - have done this for years. I've been single a long time, and no one buys me fancy gifts.

    Just yesterday I bought myself one of those digital photo frames, it's on my table now and I love it. I have 300 photos of my family downloaded. It changes every minute, I think, and it will be a great thing to have in an RV where I won't have room for pictures. It has an alarm, and plays my downloaded MP3 music.

    I'm thinking I might bring it back, though, and get a bigger one. At least a 10" so I can see the photos better from across the room. I'm worth it! And so are you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. go for it Gypsy...you deserve it. I agree...about children get too many toys. I think they learn to "expect it". Christmas really can be special...without all the toys and parents getting debt. I always liked family time together...baking cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shopping for yourself is the PERFECT thing to do the Sunday before Christmas! Good for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like you found yourself a great deal. Go for it. Savings bonds are a very good idea, but I am afraid my Grandkids would revolt, so I send shopping cards. They all seem to love them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We were just happily remarking yesterday while out hiking how great it is to be out of all the Christmas pressures. No gifts, kids, events, shopping, traffic chaos, etc. etc. Yes, once again we are the exceptions. If you want something for yourself, just go on out & get it. Christmas or no Christmas:))

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope you went and got it! Gotta spoil yourself once in a while---

    I bought a new digital camera on Saturday for myself when it went down to less than half price. Just in time for a nice long vacation in feb/march/april!

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete