Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, December 31, 2010

I'm back in Sac

We arrived back this afternoon with just time enough for me to get my truck and go pick up the dog. The light was really fading by the time I pulled into the apartment complex. The trip went well, lots of traffic but no real traffic jams, and I think we were just lucky to avoid them.

In response to a question why I didn't take my camper, the reason is that 4 of my siblings were there, plus 3 of my kids and their children. I wanted to be with everyone else, and enjoyed the gatherings in the evenings. I would have been out of the loop if I had been in a camper. I also had the electricity I needed and didn't have to deal with a generator, as well as having all the water I wanted. Sometimes the occasion calls for some comfort, and I think a funeral is one of those occasions.

The funeral home and gravesite services were beautiful, but of course the stories told in the evenings were some of the best. We had lots to laugh about, and that is a nice way to celebrate someone's life, in my opinion.

I am glad to be back and look forward to my visits to the eye surgeon and the medical doctor this coming week. I'm feeling worse as the days go by, so I may not post as often during the coming week - only when I have something meaningful to say.

12 comments:

  1. Glad you got home safe and sound. Hope 2011 will be real good to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurry up and get to feeling better, Gypsy. We lurkers want you back on the road and posting all the fun!

    Emjay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to see you home and that there were some good moments in spite of the reason for your trip. Wishing you a great and wonderful New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Gypsy, I sure hope that doctor can give you something to make you feel better. When Dad died last March, we didn't take the RV to the funeral either. Being with the rest of the family, as small as ours is, was such a wonderful time. But it is good to hear from you whenever you feel like posting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are back, but sorry to hear you are feeling so bad. Please, at least, keep us posted about how you are doing. Is there anything we can do for you? This is not a hollow question. If you need something, please feel free to ask. My prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're here for you Gypsy. You'll get by with a little help from your friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad the rip back went well, good luck with the doctors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have something meaningful to say each time you post

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year, Gypsy. I hope that your health will improve very soon. I missed your posts for the last few days.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you made it back safe and sound, and I'm sure Lady was happy to see you!

    I agree with you, that comfort is needed at these times, and also the sharing and laughter of the group remembering the life just lost helps those remembering. It sounds like you have a great family.

    Good luck with the doctor. I hope everything turns out well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Please accept my sympathies for your loss. I certainly would have made the same choice. It's best to be with family.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete