Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Day with family

I thought I would post a couple of pictures taken yesterday evening. By the time all the kids were there I had set my camera down, but we had a fun time. The adult kids have a Secret Santa gift exchange, and I usually end up with my stomach hurting from laughing so much.

I don't know what is wrong with the second picture. I rotated it and it shows up correctly when I look at it in iPhoto, but not when I bring it into the blog. Sorry, but you will either have to turn your head or your computer sideways, or else skip it altogether.




When I arrived I realized I didn't have the money cards for the children, so I drove back home in a heavy downpour and looked everywhere for them. Thinking I had dropped them and they had been picked up by someone (cash & gift cards would be easy enough to spend), I was about ready to give up at drive back. I had put them into a paper bag to try to keep them dry while running for the truck, and as I was going back to the truck thinking I wouldn't ever see them again, I found the paper bag & contents floating in a deep puddle. By the time I handed them out they were still a bit wet and limp, but at least I found them.

9 comments:

  1. Good thing they were in the bag so it would float! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you bagged yourself a great break on those floating gift cards for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you found them! It looks like you had a good time with family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you found them! Looks like your Holidays are going well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you found the cards. Since we are traveling that is what we give all the kids and grandkids. That is what they send us too. Seems kind of silly, but that's what we all do. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is always so good to be with your family at this time of year.

    Finding those cards is like getting an extra Christmas present!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You were very lucky finding that bag again. I bet the recipients were happy you did!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't you hate it when you can't find something you just had in your hand a few minutes ago? I sure do and it happens to me way too many times.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful that your holiday went so well, and the cards were just a minor mishap rather than something to ruin your day.

    Family togetherness is more important than presents anyhow. And it looks like you sure had a nice time!

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete