Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, December 10, 2010

Back in Sacramento

I just wanted to thank everyone who has commented on my post about quitting my blog. I am between a rock and a hard place, because I love blogland and all the readers and commenters, and I'm reluctant to again put all that work into what I thought was one of my better efforts, just to have it go "poof".

I will try to reconstruct the last couple of days' travels and write it up in the next day or two. I'm back in Sacramento now, parked in my son's driveway and plugged in to his electric. Steve, Meg, the baby and I met a couple of their friends for supper at Hoppy's Brewery this evening and I had fish and chips that were so good, probably the biggest meal I've eaten in a long time. I feel great right now.

Tomorrow I will pick up the Rx my doctor sent to Costco's pharmacy, and sure hope it works as I don't really want to take a narcotic pain reliever unless I have to. I plan to pack up the things I want to take back to my apartment as well as figure out what I will leave in the camper, and I hope to get it into storage by Monday. In the meantime Steve will let me drive his car.

Lady is happy to be back, and Steve is going to take her for a long walk around the neighborhood tonight. I hope she doesn't get the idea that I will go out with her at nighttime! She has been a real champ through this trip, being cramped in the truck as well as not being able to move about in the camper. A dog will do anything for you.

I will leave you with a photo I took while driving on the approach to the Tehachapi Pass.


Thanks again for the support and suggestions, and just for having the patience to let me "vent" my troubles. I'll be back on track soon.

9 comments:

  1. Glad to see you posting again. I don't use Blogger but I like Live Writer. Hope you will try that out, maybe it will help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Live Writer is pretty slick alright & I have been using the new version since we got on the road a month ago. However, in my opinion the previous version of LW is much more user friendly & easier to get onto for a new person. Glad to see you didn't throw in the towel but I do know who frustrating it can be. Some times ya just got to walk away from a problem & let the dust settle......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you made it back safely. If you use some of the suggestions on using blogger, I am sure you can avoid losing your work. Then it is not so frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you can't use Live Writer with your computer, but have you tried word or some other Word processor? That is what I used before Live Writer, and you can save your work there, so no matter what is going on with blogger, your work is saved. Glad you are still writing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you're back safe and sound. And dog's are just happy to be next to you. Doesn't matter how big or how small the space is as long as you are there. That's why they are so neat to have around.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back! Looks like you made a hurried trip back to Sacramento. For those of us who have them to go to, the concept of "home" can be very appealing, and a magnetic draw.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to see that you haven't totally given up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you made it back home safely. Please, please keep up the good work. We love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to see you are back.
    Home and blogging, that is.

    Happy Trails, Penny, TX

    ReplyDelete