Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Third day must be the worst

Today is day #3 of my "troubles", and it is by far the worst. I can't seem to get comfortable in any position, and right now I wish I had a strong narcotic pain killer rather than the ibuprofen. Maybe by tomorrow I'll feel differently though.

My thanks to all those who have wished me a speedy recovery and who sympathized with my plight. I just wish I had been aware enough to avoid it - I can see in my mind exactly what I did, how I was doing it, and where I went wrong. I lay awake last night thinking of how I can do it correctly in the future, but never came up with a positive answer. Instead I got out of bed and began to write down all those things you think of in the dead of night, that you forget when you are wide awake and trying to make a list.

Here are some photos of the loading up process:





And here is what Lady thought about it:


Dave doing some tightening-up work:


Ready to test it out:



I should be out driving it around right now, but a couple of people came by to visit and that tired me out a bit, combined with being awake in the middle of the night last night and up earlier than usual this morning. To top it all off, the bright sun went behind clouds, and I see much better on a sunny day, so I will test drive tomorrow. Maybe I'm just too afraid to try it out yet? No reason for that, when I had no problems with towing a 34' fifth wheel. I think I'm slightly overwhelmed with the mounting process, and I know it is something I will never try to do myself.

7 comments:

  1. There is absolutely no way that I would ever attempt to put that camper on the truck. I'd hire somebody first if I had to.

    I am so sorry you are feeling so sore. Hopefully by tomorrow it will be better. You'll still hurt but hopefully it won't be so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for your spill and the trip to the doctor. But perhaps you are tougher than you give yourself credit, and will be back to normal in a day or two. The camper really looks nice on the back of your truck, and perhaps you won't need to unload it very often, if at all.
    Rod

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gypsy,
    Lady had the best idea. She is lovely and smart!

    My brother took his big Lance off his truck while he was here.
    It took him and two spotters, his wife, and me, to load it back on. It would be very difficult to do it by yourself as there are so many places to watch.

    They bought some expandable steps from PPL, for their Lance, and a big outside handle.

    I see a little run-about in your future?
    And maybe a three step ladder?

    Happy Trails, Penny, TX

    ReplyDelete
  4. So why will you need to take it off? Just leave a chair out at your campsite when you go to town. :) Have a hot toddy tonight to relieve the pain... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sure you will feel a bit better every day.

    Maybe Lady has it just right, too much worry does not help.

    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haul a 37 ft fifth wheel, and I think driving that would make me nervous! I hope you feel better soon, maybe a Miller will help you relax. You will get used to it, don't sweat the small stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. your RV looks very nice and I'm sure you will manage excellently.

    Do hope tomorrow is a better day.

    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete