Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Lance-A-Lot's temporary home

Steve and I took the TC to the storage lot today and unloaded it from the truck. It took him about 20 minutes to do it, but loading it is really time-consuming. This storage is surrounded by electric fences and has security cameras everywhere, plus the gate requires a card to open. The monthly rent for this space is less than half of what it cost to store the 5th wheel, which needed one of their longest spaces.

Just about ready to pull the truck away:


And here it is, waiting for my next trip:


Steve is going to bring back some more supports for it as well as a tarp. It has been raining for a couple of days and the next few days are supposed to bring heavy rain, so I checked all around the windows inside and found a leak where just about all Lance campers leak - the front window. My son-in-law Donald doesn't know it yet, but I am going to ask him to caulk around all the windows. He does an even better job of caulking than I do.

It was 27F when I walked the dog this morning, and this is her kind of weather. It finally got up to today's forecasted high of 50F. I guess it could be worse, and I'm dressed pretty warmly so I can't complain.

ADDED LATER:
The reason for returning with more supports is so that the camper can be lowered closer to the ground. That will be taken care of later this afternoon.

8 comments:

  1. I notice that your TC has an a/c unit on top. Is it a heat pump? I assume that you can only use that when you are hooked up in a park.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If the unit can be stored closer to the ground you will find it a lot safer from wind damage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a well secured storage area. That should give you some peace of mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good idea I lower mine as low as the jacks will go, even though it is inside and the wind is not a factor, it just feels more stable that way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you didn't lower the TC you would have to rename it...'Wilt The Stilt.'

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wilt the Stilt! That made me laugh! Emma really gets more exuberant with lower temps also. That's hard on my shoulder joints as she careens around at the end of the leash! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks cozy and comfy there. I bet you will be glad to have your truck back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Been awhile since I checked in, but it looks like all is well in Gypsy-Land! The TC looks great and tucked away all safe and sound. Good luck on your park model search..I have seen some really nice ones.

    ReplyDelete