Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Getting ready -

for a trip that is certainly not for pleasure. I'll be leaving tomorrow at mid-morning for the Fresno area where my brother-in-law will be buried. Ara will drive down wih me, and I hope we don't run into rain or fog because she can do the driving. Steve found a friend who will take Lady in for the couple of days we'll be gone, and she will have a male chocolate lab to cavort with.

I wanted to check out Lance-a-lot yesterday after all the rain we've been having. Steve secured a tarp around the entire cabover area, and the inside stayed dried. Now for some decent weather so that the window can be recaulked. Ara went with me and I showed her all the systems, and told her that she and Dylan can take a trip in it one of these days. I will try to get to PA this spring and hope to let her drive it a bit to see how simple it is. She is very capable and I would trust her with it, although truthfully I will be a little nervous. I was the same way last summer when she drove my truck back from Sly Park for her job interview, and I worried about how she would do when she got to the city traffic. She did absolutely fine.

I will finish my laundry, go get my hair trimmed, and drop Lady off at Steve's. I won't have to walk her this evening!!! Wonder what I'll do with my spare time.

I almost forgot to add that Ara has my iPod up and running, although I've lost a bit of interest in it. It looks simple enough to operate and add songs to.

13 comments:

  1. No one likes to go on the trip you are planning, but be safe and return quickly so you and your dog can have a reunion.

    You mentioned going to PA. Does that mean Pennsylvania or something else?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's very natural to be nervous about young people driving and by young people I mean just about everybody who is younger than I am. My child is 24 and I still worry about his driving every day. I hope your journey goes safely for you. And Lady will welcome you home with lots of love and kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry you have to make a sad trip. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had my limit of PA in the 2 1/2 months I stayed to help my sister, the company and friends were great buy I just don't like cold weather anymore, from now on i will limit my visits to warm weather, there are a lot of nice parks to stay in in the Pocono's. If you do head out east and go across I-70 give us a shout we have room for you to make an overnight stop. Be safe out there, Sam & Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All th best on your Fresno mission. Not the best reason to have to go somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funerals are one of the worst part of life, but I am sure your sister will really appreciate you being there for her. God Bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That will be a sad trip, not one that is expected. So sorry for your loss.

    The proper way to fix your window is to take the window out, and re-do it with new BUTYL putty tape.

    Once the window is screwed back in place, scrape off the excess butyl which should squeeze out so that you know you have a good seal. Then it can have a nice thin bead of Dicor or RV/marine self leveling caulk, not silicone.
    Then it won't give you any more trouble.

    Wish you were here so we would do it for you. Would love to meet you anyway.

    Happy Trails, Penny, TX
    www.pennys-tuppence.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Travel safe on your journey, often the drive to a funeral can begin the healing process with the sharing of good memories. Wishing you well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Travel safely, and enjoy the time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Reason I asked, I am origianlly from PA and go back there for visits as often as I can.

    Why would you not take the camper?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dizzy, I don't want to take the camper for a lot of reasons, the main one being that most of my family will be there and at a local motel - I'd like to be with them. Also, my son has only dismounted it and I think the 1st time loading it would be time consuming. There is also the leak in the front window to consider - we need to get that recaulked and sealed before I take the tarp off and expose it to the rain. I'll be traveling in it soon, I hope.

    Where is it you are from in Pennsylvania?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Prayers and kind thoughts go with you as you travel today for the funeral. HUGS to you and your family....

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Greetings from rainy Southern California.

    May God bless you and your family in 2011 ~Ron

    And always remember: Smiles don't have to be saved for a rainy day. It's good to waste them :-)

    ReplyDelete