Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, May 14, 2010

Miscellany

I think I should comment on some readers' comments & suggestions. First of all, I was back at Fry's today and just about all the portable hard drives are already formatted - for Windows. And of course the one expressly for the Mac and pre-formatted for the Mac is more than I care to spend. I ended up buying two 4GB flash drives. If they work, then I will copy my photos and music on one, and my genealogy database on the other. If the music and pictures don't fit on one flash drive then I'll just have to get another drive. I can't think of anything else I could lose that would be disastrous for me - and the photos and genealogy are the only two things I couldn't replace.

I have been complaining about being so tired, and I nearly always take a nap during the afternoon. I think the tiredness I have now is the sort that comes with boredom and/or depression. Not that I'm clinically depressed or anything, but I am so limited in what I can do until my sight improves, and being such an independent person, it is making me a very unhappy camper. That said, I am still planning the future. I'm also looking forward to seeing my oldest granddaughter who comes home from college tomorrow.

It got up to mid 80's again today and I didn't realize how hot that can feel until I was out of my cool apartment and into the sun. Sacramento summer - nothing like it. So far it feels like I have a/c indoors, but I wonder what it will be like 10 or 20 degrees from now.

I think I'll go sit on the patio and get buzzed watching and listening to the hummingbirds.

4 comments:

  1. Gypsy, I am wondering if you would buy a Mac again if you had to do it again? Awhile ago I bought an external hard drive with over 200 GB. I have all my documents from 2 computers on that and can access them all on any other computer that I have been able to try so far.
    I hope your eyes get better soon so that you can tear around again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I think the tiredness I have now is the sort that comes with boredom and/or depression."

    I sure can identify with you on that one. Mental tiredness is much harder to deal with than physical tiredness by far. Happens to me every year within about a month of us arriving home & this year has been the worst by far. Boredom just about puts me in a coma everyday. A very difficult thing to deal with for some of us but sounds like you might be getting a handle on yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boredom and depression - yep! I get that way if we sit in one place for over a month. I'm pretty good for the month but then I have to be on the move again. Thank goodness Jim goes along with that plan. One of the problems is that when he is out fishing, I don't have a car and am trapped at home.

    You get to head out to Lassen in about a month don't you? That will be so much fun for you. Hang in there girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just glad to hear that you do take a nap in the afternoon! We've been home 3 weeks today and I guess I'm lucky because, so far, I haven't had time to get bored!!

    ReplyDelete