Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, May 13, 2010

How do I get so tired doing nothing?

I did nothing today, but had planned to attend my granddaughter's dance lesson at 6:30 this evening. She takes tap and ballet dancing, and looks so cute in her little leotard and tights. By the time it got to be 5 pm I knew I wouldn't be going anywhere. I seem to be ok in the morning and through the middle of the day, but by late afternoon, color me worn out!

I wish I didn't have to wait so long to see the eye surgeon (June 10th), but I don't know if he could tell me much right now anyway, or at least anything I would want to hear.

The temperature got up to 86F today but I'm wearing a lightweight jacket indoors. I tried to sit on the patio for a while, but it's not as comfortable in a camp chair as it is on the furniture inside. I need one of those (expensive) fancy loungers with attached footrest, etc. I keep watching for sales, but they are still expensive. I'll get one soon at any price.

It is really nice weather for wearing my capris, and I'm glad I bought several pairs. I am going out for dinner with Jeannie & family at the Old Spaghetti Factory on Saturday, and have decided what I will wear - I have a pair of white capris that I haven't yet worn. If I dare put them on I know my mother will come back to haunt me for wearing white before Memorial Day. I don't think that was ever a fashion rule in California, but it sure was in Ohio! I rarely listened to my mother when she ticked off rules such as this one, but there are a few of them from which I have never waivered. I think it's about time I set my own rules!

8 comments:

  1. A day of nothing once & awhile is acceptable but but anything longer than that begines to become hard tiring work & very mentally draining!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gypsy, do you ever try taking a short nap in the afternoon? Even 30 minutes to an hour can sure make a big difference in energy levels for the evening. I like to do that after I've finished any jobs I've been working on. It makes a big difference for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm jealous of the fact that you are able to sit outside in white capris before Memorial Day! It's been so cold and rainy in MN, that sitting outside isn't an option. My Texas tan is fading before my very eyes. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wear white, girl! Whenever you want to. Now if only I wasn't so fat and I could wear white capri's. I just may do it anyhow.

    And I agree with the nap in the afternoon. I often find myself dozing off for a short while and then my evenings are so much nicer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. White to eat spaghetti? I think red would be safer; just in case of a mishap.

    As to being tired, it may be your body has not yet adjusted to the time zone and elevation. An afternoon nap is a good idea. But, also check to see you are getting enough B-complex vitamins.

    Take care,
    Pleinguy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Life is short so wear white whenever you darn well please! LOL Power naps...another good idea.

    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If it feels like Spring, wear white!

    Glad you are getting all settled in, and those power naps are what keep me going and I am only turning 50!


    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. If it feels like Spring, wear white!

    Glad you are getting all settled in, and those power naps are what keep me going and I am only turning 50!


    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete