Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, February 15, 2010

Will AAA info arrive tomorrow?

I am anxious to get my AAA Triptik and study the route. Then I want to check the non-interstate routes for clearances. Somewhere I have bookmarked (I think it's on my desktop though) a website that gives info for truckers, including low clearances. I told the AAA lady that my rig is 12'8" high, but that I need at least a 13' clearance. That only gives me a 4" allowance, and I wonder now if I should set the clearance a bit higher. Does anyone have experience with this sort of thing? If so, I'd love to hear from you.

There were some grim looking rain clouds in the sky from the direction of Hilton Head Island when I walked Lady a short while ago, but no rain has come down on us yet, just a fine mist. I haven't checked the latest forecast yet, but since yesterday they were calling for lows in the 20's for tonight, I don't want the rain to turn to sleet!

It feels so good to have days off work coming up - the thought of it got me through today! I need to seriously start thinking about packing things away, and if it would ever warm up I could wash the front cap of the 5th wheel, as well as rearrange the storage bays. I have the feeling I am going to be pulling into Sacramento with storage in the same disarray as it is this evening, and to tell the truth, I really don't even care. Lady has told me it doesn't matter to her either!

I spent some time on the phone with my lovely granddaughter, Ara, yesterday evening. Gosh, how I love that child! Of course at 20-1/2, going on 21, I shouldn't be calling her a child, but you out there who are grandparents know how it is. Her depth, emotional, compassion, intellectual - all of it - just blows me away sometimes.

I see so many grandparents come into the Sutler Store - some with their grandchildren and others on vacation buying presents to take back. I can feel the love and strong attachment most of the time, and it is really wonderful to be able to just accept and enjoy the grandchildren whereas we let so many obstacles come in the way of relaxing and enjoying our children growing up. What a gift to come at a time in one's life when we can really use the uplifting perspective. So much for my philosophizing now. I can't wait to see my Sacramento grandkids soon, Ara this summer, and the grandsons in NY in the autumn, and I look forward to welcoming the latest one in September.

3 comments:

  1. Oh the fun of grandkids! We'll be doing the same thing in May, finally spending time with grandchildren. Have fun, have a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We get to see our 2 granddaughters in less than 2 weeks. It will be very exciting!

    Hope your AAA info gets there soon. Love the rainbow and sky photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful that your 20 year old granddaughter has lovely meaningful conversations with you! What a nice thing to share. We are just beginning with mere babes for grand children right now, but hope to be as close as you are when they are grown!

    Karen and Steve
    (Blog) http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete