Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Waiting

My triptik from AAA didn't arrive today. I wasn't too surprised as the holiday has probably made the mail stack up somewhere. Maybe tomorrow.

The work schedules for next week came out, and my last day is showing as Thursday on one, and Friday on the other. Whichever it is, I will be pulling out the next morning.

I went to the Tybee post office this morning and got some things in the mail. I've mentioned it before, but I think the clerk there has to be the nicest in the country. I'm partial to USPS for sending and receiving mail and packages anyway.

I won the battle against the imp this morning, and removed both propane tanks for refilling. I knew one was empty and thought the other would probably last until tomorrow. Good thing I didn't buy that idea, because they were both empty. Thanks to Fred's (my neighbor) suggestion I took the tanks to River's End RV Park in Tybee, where they cost $10 less a tank to refill. (The $20 I saved went toward cookies and snacks at the grocery).

I had been trying to reach a reportedly reliable auto repair to see if I could find out what the noise was every time I turn the steering wheel. I've never been able to reach him nor were my calls returned, so I called the Ford dealer. They told me they would have to keep my truck for at least 2 days. No deal. I ended up going back to the local shop where I had my oil changed a couple of weeks ago - they flushed the power steering fluid system and all seems well. They told me, however, that Ford steering is usually noisier than other makes, and to not get stressed out if it returns. My son had told me essentially the same thing - he has an F-150 that started making the noise at about 100k. Mine is between the 87-88k mark. So I feel a lot better - they told me it definitely wasn't brakes. One problem I might run into is tires on the 5th wheel. I will see what the pressures look like during the next week.

I was feeling so good by the time I left the auto repair and arrived at the grocery, plus I was beginning to get really hungry, so I spent about double what I normally spend. I cannot figure out what I got extra, except possibly a package of Oreos and a couple of extra Danish for my breakfast.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the sunny weather predicted for my 3 days off holds up. It's only in the lower 50's, but the sun helps the comfort level.

6 comments:

  1. Glad you can put your mind at ease about the noise. You are lucky you are living by yourself.Nobody asking you "Do you need that" or "is that healthy" when you come with your Oreos etc. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. What??? No grits today???

    Have a good week, Gypsy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you beat the imps today. It's extra nice when the money you saved can be spent on Oreos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't know if you know or not but you can get triptik online from there website www.aaa.com and print them off.

    Stay Safebogye

    ReplyDelete
  5. For me, there's not much worse than running out of propane on a cold morning. I hate being cold! Good for you on the tanks!

    I hope you got some mild to go along with those oreos, ;)

    ReplyDelete