Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, February 25, 2010

See ya later, Fort Pulaski, but not goodbye!



This is Ron, Ranger and Volunteer Coordinator, me, and Randy, Park Superintendent.



I don't know if I will ever return to work at Fort P., but as of now I certainly hope I do. They had a nice little ceremony today, with the Park Superintendent, the Volunteer Coordinator, and several of my co-workers attending. I was given a very nice letter of appreciation, indicating that I have given 903 hours of service to the Dept. of Interior (combined Lassen and Fort Pulaski). I got a very beautiful pin, The President's Volunteer Service Award, as well as a certificate, and then a delicious cake was served.

Fred took pictures with my camera, and although the batteries went dead at one point, he got a good selection of photos:

The first is me, Ellen in the doorway, and Randy.



Mary and me:



Patty, me, Mary and Carol:


All but the city water hose and electric cord are stowed, and Fred just helped me hitch the truck to the 5ver. I will definitely need air in the tires in the morning and am glad I set it up with Maintenance. I have a bit of housekeeping to do this evening, but I'm ready to pull out!

14 comments:

  1. Congradulations Gypsy, and a hearty well done from and old Navy Vet. It sure was nice to have your efforts and volunteerism recognixed. Now just relax and have a slow and peaceful trip west. We look forward to hereing about your journey. Sam & Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have followed you from the time you got there.

    Now you are leaving and we feel like we are leaving with you.

    We are so eager to hear of your next adventure!

    We wish you safe travels and thank you so much for sharing with us!

    Ken and Nanette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Safe travels Gypsy and thanks for your volunteer work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a very nice sendoff Gypsy - they are going to miss you there, I'm sure. Take it easy on the road and have a nice, safe trip out west.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You certainly entertained me about your stay at this fort. I would like to visit it some day. I know you are excited and we all wish you the best of driving time on your way West.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish you a very good trip to the West, no mishaps and great weather.
    Looking forward to your next post. Good luck and drive safely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good work! How nice to be recognized for your wonderful service. Safe travels, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely send-off for you, that was so thoughtful of your collegues.
    Now, the new adventures begin.
    Happy Trails, be safe, and have a great trip. Penny, TX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a safe & happy trip! If you come across on I-10 remember that some of us are presently along this route & it might be possible to meet up & say "hi" somewhere along the way. Doug, JoAnn & Fillmore

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was a great send-off for a job well done. Thanks for taking us with you on your workcamping experience. Be safe and get to Calif in one piece. We'll look for the next post along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good for you Gypsy, hanging in there through thick & thin. Nice that you were recognized for your efforts but it was really the cake I was interested in most:)) Safe journey & thanks for the nice email a few days ago.....AL:))

    ReplyDelete
  12. So nice that they recognized your volunteer efforts and hours in such a great way. Take care on your drive west. Easy does it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Gypsy, so nice to have them show their appreciation for all your efforts! Travel safe and we will all be tuned in for your next adventure!


    Karen and Steve
    (Blog) http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete