Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, August 24, 2018

Unfortunately -

This is what I have to put up with.  I've mentioned the "dog park" across the street.  It is hardly a park of any sort, just a v-shaped small piece of land where two streets come together with a third street.  There are always lots of people and their dogs there in the evening.

I was taking Rocky for a walk and went past it - several nice folks came up to the fence to say "hi" and comment on how he's grown, etc.  The dogs, about 10 or 12 of them, came running to the fence barking, as they always do.  Some of the people  quieted their dogs and some didn't.  While I was conversing, a woman sitting in a chair  close by gave me a wave of her hand and said, "you should move on, it's upsetting the pets".  She kept waving her hand and said "Go on."    A couple of the women told me to stay, but I  took Rocky and left.  

This is what I have to put up with in so many ways in this park.  There are a lot of nice and friendly folks, and I'm meeting more and more of them when I walk my puppy, but this really gets to me as have other attitudes and situations with some of the people here.  I absolutely hate it.   I'd move in a New York minute if I could.

My son Joe and his 2 girls stopped by this afternoon and he clipped Rocky's nails.  He said he didn't take much off and just wanted Rocky to get used to having his paws handled.  I held him while Joe was trimming the nails, and he was super good!  Smoky was so bad about it that the vet had to put him in a sling so that he was immobilized and they could clip his nails.  I am glad to see Rocky tolerating it. 

We have both been tired and lazy today and I don't think it's the weather because it's been pleasant all day.  I think getting up in the middle of the night and going outside is affecting how I feel.

I wanted to mention something you may or may not believe, but it has happened several times now.  I know that animals communicate with each other by using pictures in their minds (there is probably a more scientific way of saying it).  I have tried using this method at various times, including with a bird on a log, the mother fox who had her 4 kits under Mike's shed, and with my dogs Smoky and Lady.  Now I've tried it with Rocky and it works!  When I call him to come to me he just stays in place and looks at me.  I finally decided to try the visualization of him walking toward me, and maybe 10 seconds or so after I hold the picture in my mind, here me comes, straight to me.  I should try it more often because I am fairly successful at it - maybe I should send some visuals to those barking dogs across the street!

Where has the week gone?  I can't believe it's Friday again.  Have a good one.

12 comments:

  1. So sorry that your neighbor had to spoil your walk with Rocky and visiting with the your other neighbors. You have as much right to be there as they do. Always one rotten apple in every bushel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably should have answered her, but I didn't want to cause a scene because of the good people who were there. It hurt though.

      Delete
  2. There always has to be one ignorant fool in the crowd. I now what you mean about moving on but that just isn't in the card for me either. Sounds like you might be on to something with your mental picture. Good luck with that in his training.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I often wonder why I am even here after all the negative things about the place. It comes down to the amount of rent & utilities per month that would cost me at least 5 or 6 hundred more in an apartment, and I'd probably have the same kind of neighbor!

      Delete
  3. I agree with Arrowhead Gramma...there is always a rotten apple in every bushel!

    Wish I could offer some advice but my only experience with a puppy took place 27 years ago. I too took my little one to puppy training and it helped some. He will out grow it soon and then you both will be happy campers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got confirmation that I'm enrolled in the class beginning Sept. 4. I'm sure I'm going to learn a lot, and I hope this stubborn little black ball of fur does as well!

      Delete
  4. Try that visual imagery on the crummy lady at the dog park. I'm visualizing her falling off a cliff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I wouldn't go quite that far, but you may be on to something. I could visualize her losing her voice whenever she wants to complain about someone!

      Delete
  5. "upsetting the pets"! Seems that woman was the one being upset. The dogs/pets inside were excited to meet a new buddy, not upset . Hmph, wait until Rocky is Big enough to join HER pet. I hope he will BARK right in her face and make her ears ring. A busybody, isn't she, not a welcoming factor? Yes, Gypsy, do your visuals and make her be a "Buttoutski".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be truthful I hope I never see her again - don't recall seeing her at the park before. I hate conflict and tend to avoid it whenever I can. Once I get started it's hard to stop, or be civil. I don't want to be as bad as she is.

      Delete
    2. Yes, You are correct! Yet it irks one to encounter people such as this and there are at times situations when it IS hard to keep quiet and remain civil.

      Delete
  6. Please, next time, tell her to F off. People like that need to get put in their place. We summer in a very large RV park in WY, and had a neighbor like that. I put her in her place the first summer, and had no problem with her afterwards. My $.02.People like that are narcissitic a-holes, and don't deserve any more courtesy than they've given you.

    ReplyDelete