Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, August 12, 2018

First Night at Home

Our first night at home went well, except he cries when I put him in the crate, which is the one Ara used to ship her cat to Sacramento.  It's plenty big and has good air flow, but not  great as far as looking out goes.  I am going to Petco today to get a wire crate that I hope he won't feel so boxed in with.  Even if he cries all night I have to do it. 

I've been awake since before 6am as the minute he stirred I ran him outside.  Later on I tried to get him out immediately after he ate, and just barely made it in time.  I sometimes feel like I'm the one being trained.

First day photos:  (click to enlarge)

Love at first sight:

Doggie kisses:



Back home at Jeannie's house:





Arianna reading to Rocky:

 

I think I have more photos but maybe they are on Jeannie's camera.  I will definitely be posting more.

The trip went well.  We left in the late afternoon, and Jeannie drove for a while until it got dark, then Donald took over.   By daybreak Jeannie resumed and we got into the designated  meeting place in Phoenix.  We had lunch and then waited for the breeder to arrive with the pup.

After meeting and talking to the breeder, she went over the paperwork with me while Jeannie & Donald bonded with Rocky.  Eventually we left to start back home and drove as far as Barstow, CA before stopping at a Days Inn, exhausted.  The next morning we continued to Sacramento, so it was a very quick trip.  I think it was nearly 1600 miles round trip which is a long way to go with only one stop and heavy traffic on both ends of the journey.

I am still exhausted and after sleeping for an hour on my lap, Rocky is stretched out on the floor continuing his nap!

I'll try to get more photos soon.

I guess I did ok with my eyes.  The surgeon told me I really should avoid going over 500 ft, but if I had to then watch out for how I feel and see.  The highest point we went over was approx. 5000 ft, and Donald took it easy and drove slowly; I watched for the signs I needed to watch for, and we stopped for about 20 min. at the top of the mtn.  There were some miles in the low 2000 range but they didn't seem to bother me.  By the way, the green wrist band has to be worn until the gas bubble in my eye is gone.  It is to alert emergency personnel.
 

13 comments:

  1. That is the end of your lazy days for a good while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've already realized that. I have never been known for my patience, but I'm going to have to relax a bit. He is the sweetest dog ever and really wants to please.

      Delete
  2. Get a very loud ticking wind up clock ( like a Big Ben from Westclox at Walmart ) - wrap it in a soft blanket and put in Rocky's crate. It will remind him of his mothers heart beat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard that the clock might help. Now I have to find a ride to Walmart!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you very much. He really is a beautiful dog, and I'm one who thinks all dogs are beautiful in their own way and for their breed. But this one is truly a champ. He is so shiny black that I can't get a good photo of him.

      Delete
  4. He is so cute and he seems to like you. You make a good pair. Good luck with him and have fun training each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely having fun, but realize at the same time I have a long road to travel.

      Delete
  5. Rocky is adorable good luck with the training. I also heard a loud ticking clock works and some good sized stuffed animals might help to unless he decided to see what they are made of. LOL

    That sure was one long drive

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He seems to want to know what everything is made of! The drive was long and we did it in a very short time span. I think I'm still tired from it, but Jeannie & Donald seem to have snapped back pretty quickly. Oh have the energy I had in my 40's again!

      Delete
  6. I am in love with Rocky. He is so beautiful. But now the name of the game for you is PATIENCE!!! Just remember, he is only a puppy for a short time and you will both survive it - maybe not all in one piece, but that's okay. He's worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He wants to chew EVERyYTHING, including my fingers! He really is sweet though, and a totally gorgeous dog!

      Delete
    2. Those new teeth coming in hurt. And puppy teeth are sooo sharp. Lots of puppy chew toys.

      Delete