Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, August 17, 2018

So Tired!

I don't know when I've felt this bone-tired!  I'm up at around 5:30 am with the pup, and if I don't get a nap during the day I'm back in bed at 8:30 or 9pm.  He has to "go" once during the night, between 2 and 3am, so my sleep is broken then.

Leash training might be turning a corner for the positive.   He really doesn't want to be outside, nor does he like walking on a leash.   I think the heat has a lot to do with it, and I try to keep him in the shade, which means no long walks.

My granddaughters took him to soccer practice yesterday evening, and Donald promised to make sure he wouldn't go near any oleander bushes!  Rocky was a hit with all the girls I hear.  I was glad for the break, when Jeannie and I went to get a new pr of frames for my broken ones (which were still under insurance, thank goodness).  We then went to Costco, where I bought things mostly for the dog but one case of beer for me!  That should last a while.  

My son Joe is going to try to come over today and do something with the oleander - if nothing else at least trim it way back.   I don't know how difficult it would be to remove it completely.  There are so many ugly thorny plants that come under the fence from the open area behind my house, and they are almost impossible to get rid of.  I've always wanted to get a landscaper to come and thin out all the overgrown plants in the back yard, but my retirement budget doesn't have much left over after necessities such as food.  I saved for a while to get the pup which I'll get more enjoyment from than a backyard which I never go into any way.  There is very little space between the house and the back fence, and it would take a lot of work (and a lot of $) to do something with it.

Here's another weekend coming up and I hope you all have a good one.  I'll be so glad when it turns cooler again, although I shouldn't complain with the wonderful chilly nights we have.  I leave the bedroom window wide open and the breezes feel so good. 

On another note, the breeder in AZ just took her sister for several medical procedures she needs, including gall stones, hiatal hernia, and one more thing I forget.  She mentioned that since she is caring for her sister she hasn't been able to keep up with selling the remainder of the pups as easily.  The litter had one more black male and I think 3 black females; the rest were chocolate.  They are in Willcox AZ, not far from Tuscon, and if anyone is interested I will send you her website.  She ships puppies if requested, to any location.

11 comments:

  1. I found puppies fear the leash but only for a while. Mine quickly took to it after I let him walk around with it on and hanging loose. Now he loves the leash: it means "Go" for him now. "Yippie" he barks.
    I figured you were real busy the last few days with Rocky. You confirmed it. I do hope you got my recent email, Gypsy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got your comment on my blog but not sure if I received a separate email or not. I will check my folders again. You mentioned you still have a lab - how old is he or she? I sure love this little puppy, but he is a handfull!

      Delete
    2. Sara, son-in-law and daughter's Lab, is almost eleven. Always a treasure!
      Handful? My five are too.

      Delete
  2. You are so lucky to have cool nights. Not so here in East Texas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that, Diz. It's unusual to be cool at night no matter how hot it is in the daytime, but it's the "Delta Breeze" - the cool night air comes off the Pacific Ocean and up the Sacramento Delta. Now San Francisco is downright cold in the summer!

      Delete
  3. Puppies keep you up all night then you get a few years of peace and then they get old and keep you up all night again. That's where we're at. And they won't both go at the same time. So a good night's sleep is hard to come by. But the cooler nights sure help. Our nights cool off nicely also. Now if we could just get rid of the horrible smoke. It's really bad today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've had such hazy skies from the fires in all parts of CA. Some people might wonder why I didn't get a puppy closer to home, but I don't trust what the smoke is doing to everyone's breathing, as well as the animals'.

      Delete
  4. Oleanders are a royal pain to get rid of. One of the places I owned had them growing all the way along one side of an acre lot. I tried everything and mostly it was a losing battle. After I sold it someone said I should have used root kill. Why do we always find these things out after the fact. But maybe Joe can try that for you and see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will remember to use root kill if I decide to get rid of the bush permanently. That part of my property line is such a mess - the heather has grown out of control and I'm going to pull out most of it. It's pretty when blooming, but I didn't realize how it spreads out of bounds. I should probably get an estimate from a landscaper but other things are more urgent!

      Delete
  5. Wow, it took me a while to get caught up but now that I have...I want to say how happy I am for you!

    Rocky is such a cutie pie :) Time flies by and in no time he will be trained and sleeping through the night.

    You have a great family I do not know too many daughters or son-in-laws who would be willing to drive to another state to pick up a puppy for the mother-in-law. That speaks highly of you. Enjoy Rocky and post lots of pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ms. B. Jeannie & Donald are very special, and really all my kids do what they can for me, when they can. I don't know if I deserve such a great and loving bunch!

      I had to get up several times during the night, as usual, but Rocky made it until after 6 am this morning. If the chewing and nipping doesn't do me in, I will have a great dog one of these days!

      Delete