Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, August 1, 2018

The Day After

I went back for a checkup this morning to make sure my eye surgery was a success.  The doctor was very pleased and says I'm doing well.  My vision is still pretty blurred in the left eye and I've read that it can take some time to heal.  I have not had a bit of pain from the surgery although having to leave the patch on overnight was so irritating - it just made my skin and eye itch under the big patch and tape.  I survived it and I'm sure it will be so much better in the coming weeks. 

 The doctor said I don't have to keep my chin on my chest and can hold it straight, but should keep my eyes cast downward.  It's difficult to remember because it is so natural to just be able to look all around you.   

Thanks to everyone for the good wishes, good vibes, and prayers.  

I need to get a new battery and checkup on my computer real soon, so if I miss a day or two blogging you will know I just don't have my computer.

9 comments:

  1. Sure glad your healing process is going well. Healing takes time, so be patient, you hear?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Post-op is definitely much worse than the surgery! My eye itches and sometimes aches, and I keep forgetting to keep my eyes down. It's a good thing I don't have a long period of recuperation.

      Delete
  2. Good to hear about your check up. Years ago one of my friends had some eye surgery (probably not like yours) and had to stay face down for 10 days. They would have to keep me in a coma to deal with that. Medicine just keeps getting better all the time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the literature they gave me about this procedure said that I would be face down for a week to a month. I think the surgery is fairly new and as they find out more about it they can relax the rules a bit. It is almost impossible to not look up sometimes though.

      Delete
  3. Hang in there. You are doing fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just counting the days until Sunday when I can be normal again!

      Delete
  4. I was not expecting to see a post from you so soon but that means you are feeling well. Take care and glad all went well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and yeah, I'm feeling fine. The only thing that aches is when I have to use eyedrops 4 times a day, and they make my eye ache for just a minute or so.

      Delete
  5. I didn't know you had eye surgery. We have been so consumed with the wildfire evacuation and then getting home and trying to return to a normal life we haven't been on the computer as much. Sure hope that healing goes fast and your sight is improved.

    ReplyDelete