Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, August 9, 2018

A Bundle of Nerves!

That 's what I am this evening.  We are leaving in a few hours to go pick Rocky up in Phoenix.  I think I have everything together but can't load anything until Donald & Jeannie get here, so my kitchen floor is crammed with items to go into the car.  I went to a pet store this afternoon and got a collar & leash, food bowl, some toys and other necessary items.  I just want to get on the road!

The eye surgeon cautioned me about the elevation along the way but he didn't tell me I shouldn't go.  I've been poring over the maps, googling elevations, etc., and think I will be ok.  He said if my eye starts to hurt we should pull over and stop ASAP to let the pressure equalize or something like that.  There is a pass in So Cal that is about 4100+ ft, but if I remember it correctly there are numerous pull-over sites along the climb.

I'm posting this evening because I won't take my computer with me as I won't have internet - maybe if we stay at a motel in Phoenix, but it isn't worth the hassle.  So next time I post, probably Sunday evening, I hope to have some photos of my little rascal!

Until I get back, everyone have a great weekend.

9 comments:

  1. Since you are an expectant mother, you have the right to be a little nervous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Dizzy-Dick's comment. Breathe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I remember those days. I'm laughing so hard right now I may have to run to the bathroom so my pants don't get wet! You two are priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to drive from Moscow Idaho to Vancouver Canada to get my pup Seamus (12+ years ago) and I still remember how excited I was to get there! And then how he tried to chew on the gear shift on the way home. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that chewing stage awful? That's the one thing I've dreaded about getting a young puppy, but I'll try to deal with it.

      Delete
    2. The pet store can recommend some could toy for chewing, but I also got stuffed animals from thrift stores (not the one with bean bag type filling). That way he would have something he could chew up and I'd just pitch it afterwards. Stuffed toys are usually .50 - 1.00 so you can stock up pretty cheaply.

      Delete
  5. Have a wonderful and safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much fun and excitement. Take care of your eye and travel safely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We got back this afternoon. I'll write more tomorrow (Sunday) and post some photos. Had a quick but wonderful trip. I just took Rocky out before we goto bed - he say down every time we stopped so I just brought him on home. Within 2 or 3 minutes he had peed on a rug! How he's having fun tossing his toys around but I'm tired and ready to go to bed. Just caught him grabbing the electric cord to a floor fan and planning to chew it! Life won't be simple from now on! But he is a beauty and a bundle of joy.

    ReplyDelete