Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Good Neighbor

I have had some problems taking Rocky out because he picks up every rock, leaf, twig, whatever, he can find.  The rocks are his favorite.  I tried to sweep the driveway of all the debris that blows there, including millions of buds and such from the crepe myrtle tree.  I got nowhere because Rocky was in the way.  My next door neighbor came out to meet Rocky and then got his leaf blower and completely cleaned my driveway  for me.  So many folks who live around me have been stopping by to meet the puppy.

My son Steve is bringing Liam (grandson) over today to meet Rocky.  Steve is the one who asked me to watch Smoky for him when he was about Rocky's age now, and I never gave him back to Steve.

He's walking much better on the leash today, still not great, but much improved.  For being such a quiet little pup when I first got him, he's letting me hear his voice now.  He cries when I shut the door of the crate, and is developing a nice bark!

I really miss being able to hop in the car and drive where and when I want to.  I cancelled a doctor appointment for this morning, but I am not very happy with this particular doctor anyway (G.P.).  My left eye is still not totally healed but should be sometime this week.  If I ever get back in decent condition, and  if the weather cools down, I will start to walk more places.  

 

6 comments:

  1. That was really nice of your neighbor to clean the drive for you. Each day will bring new things with your little one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He certainly has brought some friendly folks and their dogs to stop by and chat! After being sick and mostly alone for so long I'm really enjoying this.

      Delete
  2. Remember your oleander bushes are very poisonous !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the park has oleander along one street near the entrance, but I don't think I have any. I have one flowering bush in the back yard that I'm going to have to look into. I can't recall the name but maybe I can find it online somewhere. Thanks for the reminder as I'd forgotten about oleander being poisonous.

      Delete
    2. Now that I look at the bush I think it is oleander. I am going to cut it way back until I get something to replace it. Thanks for the alert.

      Delete
  3. I remember last year when you got stabbed cutting on it and had a terrible time healing that wound. Also, I know you read the Bayfield Bunch. Look on Al's sidebar and read American-Traveler "having a puppy". It is extremely well written & informative. Better than any book. Tells the reason WHY your puppy does certain things and how to train and socialize etc. Plus he has beautiful photos of his puppy (now grown) - named Dixie. Very important reading !!!! 🐦😳🌷

    ReplyDelete