Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, August 3, 2018

Doggie Names

My daughter, granddaughters and I looked over lists of doggie names last night.  I saw the name "Zorro" on one list and got excited about it.  I don't think anyone else but me had ever heard of Zorro - the show started sometime in 1957, when I was about 16 going on 17.

Seeing my enthusiasm Autumn asked me why I liked Zorro and I told her that I always thought he was sooooo cute!  She giggled.  I guess she didn't imagine that grandmas could find a man "cute", but I'll tell you that Zorro was that man!

I can't decide definitely on a name until I see the dog personally and assess its temperament and looks.  But I do really like Zorro - the TV character and the name! 

I'm back at home this afternoon and think I will try to take a nap.  I'm doing a terrible job of keeping my eyes down.

T.G.I.F. everyone!  Enjoy the weekend.

8 comments:

  1. I assume you know what Zorro means in English.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness - I thought it was the "sign of the Zee" as I seem to remember from the TV series. Please tell me.

      Delete
  2. I had to go Google it and it told me fox. Still a good name for a black lab.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have to admit that my 1st black lab, Smoky, was sly as a fox especially when it came to finding something to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember the show and yes he sure was cute. I never new Zorro had a reason behind it interesting like you I thought it was his name and the Z he always made

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's too bad that we don't have shows like that today. I might still have a TV if there was a decent show on it once in a while.

      Delete